PDA

View Full Version : Photo question?

Hebs
05-08-2010, 06:53 PM
right, i need advice

i have loads of photos of the mindees (as you do :laughing: ) and i have said that at the end of the summer i will put their photos on a disc for the parents as a keepsake.

HOWEVER

what do i do with the photos of the kids when other mindees might be in the background or with the mindees playing?

:panic:

do i bin them?

cas2805
05-08-2010, 07:29 PM
This came up the other day, my photo policy says:

I am happy for group photos (where my child is photographed with other children from Caroline’s setting) to be shared with the other parents.

Hope this helps x

tashaleee
05-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I covered this in my photos consent form which is

To share with other parents and their families YES / NO

I explain that once they go to the other families if on disc then I cannot comment on who they will share with within their own families etc - to date I have only ever had one family say NO to this (but they did explain their reasons why)

helendee
05-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Call me naive her or maybe just stupid but as long as the children are fully clothed in photos why would parents worry about anyone seeing them? It's not as if people don't see their children all the time when they are out and about, so what is the stigma about photographs?

I really don't get it but do of course ensure that all parents sign my photographs policy.

Hebs
05-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Call me naive her or maybe just stupid but as long as the children are fully clothed in photos why would parents worry about anyone seeing them? It's not as if people don't see their children all the time when they are out and about, so what is the stigma about photographs?

I really don't get it but do of course ensure that all parents sign my photographs policy.

nor do i to be honest and i guess it's not different to class photos at school :laughing:

but i am aware that in this job it is SO important to cover yourself from everything :thumbsup:

The Juggler
06-08-2010, 06:50 AM
I find this one really hard. I take photos of children all together all the time. parents take LJ's home so in theory anyone could see these photos but like you say no different to school, classs photos.

It's the same as attendance registers. All my parents know who is here each day anyhow as they come in to drop off and pick up and they know the names of all the other children so me blacking out names and faces wouldn't make any difference really and I've not got the technology, skill or time for photo editing.

Anyway to show building relationships you have to photograph them with others. As a parent I'd be worried if all the photos showed my child playing alone:(

ourmadhouse
06-08-2010, 08:12 AM
I didnt fully understand the whole permission for photos, then i had a parent explain Some pepole are from difficult backgrounds and do not what their children or them selves to be easily found by others.

At first this was a million miles away from 'my world' and thats why i didnt understand i was not thinking from that point of view.