PDA

View Full Version : 13 minders + 38 kids + 1 canal boat...

Beetlejuice
05-08-2010, 06:50 PM
...= a fabulous day out!!!! Our local CM association hired a canal boat today and we spent 1.5 hours on the canal travelling up and down. We had a picnic on board and the older children were allowed to help with the locks etc. We had an absolutely fantastic day and my children were all full of it at the end of the day.

The nicest thing was all of the crew came up to us individually and complimented us on the behaviour of the children :clapping: They said they were wary when they took the booking as usually kids are a nightmare but they were all really impressed with the behaviour and the manners and said they would have us back in a heartbeat :D

I'm one very happy minder!!!:D :D

funfunfun
05-08-2010, 06:52 PM
I looked at the tittle and panicked lol

Sounds good .................Glad you had a fab day !!

The Juggler
05-08-2010, 07:04 PM
how fantastic - did the barge sink though?:laughing:

The Juggler
05-08-2010, 07:05 PM
how fantastic - mind you bet the barge lurched every time the children moved from side to side with that many of you on board:laughing:

Baileys'n'cream
05-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Oh wow, that sounds fab, glad you had a good time :)

breezy
05-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Can we come next time? I promise to be good!!!!!

tashaleee
05-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Sounds like a great and very unusual day! :)

solly
05-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Sounds like you all had a great time, I would of loved to have gone with you all but it was booked whilst I was on holiday:( Hopefully if its done again I will be able to join you:)

Beetlejuice
05-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Sounds like you all had a great time, I would of loved to have gone with you all but it was booked whilst I was on holiday:( Hopefully if its done again I will be able to join you:)

Solly - it's definitely something we intend doing again. They are also licensed so it's been mooted as a social event in the evening - minders only!!!!:jump for joy: D is looking into the details.

Juggler - it was surprisingly stable! The kids sat nicely for their picnic and the only time we had a few bumps was when we went into the lock.