PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Ofsted

MissTinkerbell
05-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Well I'm a happy bunny today. :clapping:

I wrote to Ofsted asking for a variation to allow me to have M, my old mindee and L, her baby brother in September. My own twins start school this year but have 2 weeks where they are only part time which would mean me having five under 5s for those 2 weeks.

Ofsted granted me a variation for 3 under 5s last year so I could have five under 5s for a period of two hours for 2 days. They said that they only granted it because it was only for 4 hours in total and that I'd had 12 years as an EY teacher so obviously could handle this age group but it was something they didn't normally do.

So I wasn't holding out much hope of them doing the same this year for a much longer period of time, over 2 weeks even though it was a continuity of care issue.

However my new certificate arrived this morning that allows me to have 3 children in the EY age group from 8.30-5.15 Monday to Friday for the duration of the time the children are in my care or no longer in EY age phase.:clapping: :clapping:

Just phoned the mum and she's really happy and coming to sign contracts early next week.:jump for joy:

charleyfarley
05-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Well done :clapping: :clapping: I'm not surprised you and the mom are happy :jump for joy: :clapping: :jump for joy:

Carol xx

breezy
05-08-2010, 07:00 PM
great news :clapping: :clapping:

Leanne59
05-08-2010, 07:14 PM
great news!

angeldelight
05-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Thats great news

Well done :clapping: :clapping:

Angel xx