PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping arrangements for older mindees...

Blaze
05-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Up until now they have slept on the sofa if too big for travel cot, but I am replacing the sofa in the playroom, so do I replace it with a sofa bed or just buy a couple fold out chairs or forget about it & ulilize the space for toy starage & just buy a couple of ready beds? Your opinions/ideas please:)

sarah707
05-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I have a single bed with a proper mattress and use that as a sofa and day bed.

I cover it with a waterproof cover and a sheet and use 2 big cushions at the back.

:D

Blaze
05-08-2010, 06:52 PM
That's an idea Sarah...Ummm - food for thought!

Anyone else like to contribute there ideas or what they do?

:)

flowerpots
05-08-2010, 06:58 PM
i just ave a whole heap of large cushions in the corner of the room, they use them for games, sitting on, snuggling down for one-to-one time and when they are tired they generally just make their way over and crash out, i love my snug area.

breezy
05-08-2010, 07:04 PM
I have a couple of ready beds, but one 4 year old prefers the sofa !!!

ChristinaL
05-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi sorry to hijack your post but saw that someone mentioned ready beds...are they the ones that are in the argos catalogue that you blow up and come complete with sheets etc?? I know im still pre reg but had been looking at getting a couple for mindee's to nap on cos anything soft that stays out permanently gets claimed by one of my cats! Anyway my point is are they any good / value for money and do kids actually like sleeping on them? :)

mama2three
06-08-2010, 06:48 AM
I have one of the extending beds from ikea , used as a sofa with cushions or as a bed if needed. Lots of room underneath for storage too x

Blaze
06-08-2010, 07:24 AM
I have one of the extending beds from ikea , used as a sofa with cushions or as a bed if needed. Lots of room underneath for storage too x

I hve the chair bed version - which I was going to use - but the mtress needs replacing which will cost £117 - which is why I'm looking at all my options - they are fab though:thumbsup:

mama2three
06-08-2010, 07:32 AM
I hve the chair bed version - which I was going to use - but the mtress needs replacing which will cost £117 - which is why I'm looking at ll my options - they are fab though:thumbsup:

can you not get some thick foam, it would work out much cheaper - and its only for occasional use so it should be fine.. i got some cut from efoam and it was about £25 , they do various shapes , coverings etc