PDA

View Full Version : What a day!

miss mopple
04-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Took 6 kids to a local parks events for national playday today. We got soaked as we got there but then the sun came out for a while and the kids had a lovely time. They queued for ages to go on the bouncy castle before we left and as they were on there the heavens opened and before we knew it we were caught in a really lashing thunderstorm :eek:

I kid you not, we were soaked through despite having raincoats and sheltering under a tree.I could pour the water out of my trainers. We decided to dash for it to the park and ride bus and managed to get there in time to be first in the queue :thumbsup: The kids were drenched and frozen and the littlies almost burst into tears but we turned it into a real adventure and all sang 'I hear thunder' as we ran for it :laughing:

It had stopped raining when we got to the car and I ended up driving home with a car full of kids stripped to their undies :laughing: I was tempted to do the same but was worried I may get stopped :laughing:

They all declared it the best day EVER , bless 'em. Just goes to show its the simple things that are often the best :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
04-08-2010, 05:22 PM
:laughing:

Snap i got caught in town, :panic: i was soaked :D

sarah707
04-08-2010, 05:24 PM
That sounds like fun! :D

funemnx
04-08-2010, 05:30 PM
We've had a similar day, 6 children, fantastic garden centre with animals, bouncy castle and adventure playground (all free!). Light rain while feeding the animals but the rain just held off until we got in the car, so damp children rather than soaked!

Lunch in the car and home to make a den in the dining room - children reckon the best day ever! (A big smile on my exhausted face!) :)

gegele
04-08-2010, 05:32 PM
i win we were in the forest!!!!!!!!!!!! soaked through, little one struggled a bit until the big puddle on the car park!!!:laughing: :clapping:

bigger one said it was a wicked day. happy

Alibali
04-08-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm singing in the rain! Glad they had fun

The Juggler
04-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Took 6 kids to a local parks events for national playday today. We got soaked as we got there but then the sun came out for a while and the kids had a lovely time. They queued for ages to go on the bouncy castle before we left and as they were on there the heavens opened and before we knew it we were caught in a really lashing thunderstorm :eek:

I kid you not, we were soaked through despite having raincoats and sheltering under a tree.I could pour the water out of my trainers. We decided to dash for it to the park and ride bus and managed to get there in time to be first in the queue :thumbsup: The kids were drenched and frozen and the littlies almost burst into tears but we turned it into a real adventure and all sang 'I hear thunder' as we ran for it :laughing:

It had stopped raining when we got to the car and I ended up driving home with a car full of kids stripped to their undies :laughing: I was tempted to do the same but was worried I may get stopped :laughing:

They all declared it the best day EVER , bless 'em. Just goes to show its the simple things that are often the best :thumbsup:

ah bless em. i love days like that. we did that last year after our picnic on a scottish beach!:laughing:

miffy
04-08-2010, 09:02 PM
We wimped out and didn't go to the farm park because of the weather.

I was glad though, we had a lovely time at the children's centre in the morning and an afternoon doing crafts - I didn't miss getting a soaking one bit! :laughing:

Miffy xx