PDA

View Full Version : renting

Helen79
04-08-2010, 12:12 PM
we own our house at the moment but might be moving into a renting house, just wondering if anyone who rents has ever had any problem with childminding in a rented house?

heatherw
04-08-2010, 12:14 PM
I dont have any experience of minding in a rented house but i know you can claim some of your rent as expenses. You need to get permision from the landlord before you can start minding.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
04-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I mind from a rented house and just needed permission from the landlord

And yes a certain percent (might be 10%) of your rent can be claimed as expences

ziggy
04-08-2010, 01:04 PM
i mind from a rented house and have had no problems, landlord owns shop next door and has recommended me to parents looking for childcare.

Also claim part of rent as expenses

I guess it all depends on your landlord

Mookins
04-08-2010, 02:06 PM
we also rent from local housing assocciation

asked permission and no problems...well i say no probs not actually started yet but had no problems with getting permission

it all depends on the landlords deeds/mortgage details etc

some have clauses to say no businesses from the address

oh and had forgotten about a precentage of rent to claim through tax...how great is that...shame its not the samefor people with mortagages:(

xxxx

carol cameron
04-08-2010, 03:20 PM
When I recently bought a house (in February) one of the conditions in the deeds says no businesses can be run from the address and my solicitor pointed it out. Not a problem for me as I am not living there....but worth checking.Cx:)