PDA

View Full Version : I love my job!

Tatia
02-04-2008, 01:27 PM
We just got back from the beach. I'm lucky that it's 5 minutes round the corner. I can see the sea from my daughter's bedroom window. :)

So, I'm sitting on the beach, having a cup of tea, watching the children digging and running and having a great time. It was warmish, enough to be very pleasant and the sun was sparkling on the water. It was grand.

And it felt so naughty!:p But guess what?! It wasn't at all! In fact, it was best practice and I've got the photos to prove it!:D

I called my husband and laughed at him and his fellow office monkeys. :p

What a fantastic job we have, ladies and gents.:cool:

Banana
02-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Sounds lovely Tatia!!

The beach is always good fun
xx

Alibali
02-04-2008, 01:30 PM
It is a great job when the weather is nice!! Not so keen on traipsing around in the rain and wind though, and I do live in Scotland.

Ali x

Rubybubbles
02-04-2008, 01:31 PM
agree!

Nothing better, not that I have the beach, but yesturday we took the blanket onto the field had a picnic and then played on the park weather was lovely:clapping: and photos of course:laughing:

today it's raining:rolleyes:

Tatia
02-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Ah well. I can remember a similar feeling last year, sitting in the garden, sipping pink lemonade (an American favourite) with the sun on my shoulders, absolutely loving that I get paid to enjoy moments like that.

crazybones
02-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Cant wait for some lovely warm weather. Its just that little bit too cold for us to make the hike to the beach yet. We need a full day to make the most of it and they have not re-opened the toilets. :mad: Sounds like you have had a lovely time.

Saz
02-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Sounds fantastic. I wish we lived by the sea:cool:

Rubybubbles
02-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Cant wait for some lovely warm weather. Its just that little bit too cold for us to make the hike to the beach yet. We need a full day to make the most of it and they have not re-opened the toilets. :mad: Sounds like you have had a lovely time.

I take a travel potty everywhere (but I look after younger children) not good for the 12 yr olds:laughing:

Pipsqueak
02-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Sounds like you have had a lovely time - there aren't many jobs where you'd get the flexibility like we have just to pop of to the beach!

What a lovely thread - makes me wish I had done more with my day of today

(mind you it has been a good day - eldest son who has hurt his foot - the school weren't going to let him take his part in teh school play because he was on crutches - he braved it this morning and went in without them just so he could take his place and they let:clapping: :clapping: The play was fantastic)

crazybones
02-04-2008, 01:57 PM
I take a travel potty everywhere (but I look after younger children) not good for the 12 yr olds:laughing:

I am talking about me:eek: Do you really think my bum will fit on the travel potty. I have dug a hole in the past for the lo's and held them over it. :laughing:

charleyfarley
02-04-2008, 02:01 PM
I used to love it when we lived in the New Forest especially for days like those.

We were close to the beach, not proper sand but we didn't care and also close to the New Forest where the ponies roamed freely.

We often took picnics to both.

All we have here is the farm that constantly smells of muck spreading :eek:

You are so lucky to be by the beach

Carol xx

sarah32
02-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Sounds great living by the beach:)

fionamal
02-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Its been a lovely day today and we actually got to spend the afternoon at the park without jackets. Im so glad that I dont have an office job when its lovely outside like this.

Its great!:jump for joy:

cuddlybunny38
02-04-2008, 03:02 PM
I wish I was you!......................Sharon

Trouble
02-04-2008, 06:23 PM
some days i love my job some days i hate it:panic:

crazybones
02-04-2008, 06:29 PM
some days i love my job some days i hate it:panic:

I hated it today - until I got paid in cash ;)

susi513
03-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Lucky you! I was stuck in ALL day today. Waiting for ds to come back from a sleepover, I lost their phone number and they are ex-directory. He didn't come home til 3:30 pm! By which time mums were due to collect so no time left to go out.

Jinx
03-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Sounds fab.

Got my garden okayed to use again this week, so spent all afternoon enjoying the sunshine. Bliss. Only thing was, the little boy I had today, didn't like the look of the new ball pit I'd just bought, so I spent much of the afternoon sitting in it trying to encourage him to join me!!!!! Glad no one could see me! It was quite a tight fit!!!!

Bring on more sunshine.
Forecast is snow!!!!!!

Jinny

nannysue
03-04-2008, 06:43 PM
I too live very close to the beach. We can be there in less than 3 mins, its not sand but the children love collecting the pebbles and at the other end of the prom is a park and play area. Theres not many jobs where you can just decide at short notice to spend the day sat in the sunshine having a picnic.It makes up for the days when you think " why am i doing this" and i'm sure we all have a few of those Sue x

Angela234
03-04-2008, 09:37 PM
It is great when the weather is nice we've been out and about this week we bus or walk to park or castle ground kids can have a good run around can be hard work though i have 2 children 18 months and 19 months that don't walk but crawl very fast and if the grass is wet either have to stay in buggy or get very messy

Angela

miffy
04-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Sounded lovely Tatia I could just picture you there

Wish I had a beach near me :(

miffy xx

son77
04-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Ooh lucky you, sounded dreamy!

The closest I'll get to the sea whilst Im minding is a paddling pool in the garden with a cool glass of lemonade!!

Lets hope we get a great summer hey girls. xx

Tatia
04-04-2008, 04:10 PM
An even better day at the beach today. Gorgeous weather plus met 3 childminding friends so plenty of good adult conversation this time and goodies to share.

don't worry, I won't post every time we go as I tend to go at least 3 times a week!:laughing: Just loving the job at the mo! I'm sure the bubble will burst soon enough, haha.:rolleyes:

Mollymop
04-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Sounds beautiful! Glad you had a brilliant time