PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of doing childminding-really scared

Dawn Darbyshire
04-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi i want to do childminding,but i've been reading a lot of the messages asking questions about various things and i'm overwhelmed,it's really put me off. I've done my paediatric first aid course and my Early years register: preparing for your registration visit questions,i'm just doing my risk assessment sheet before i ring the childcare support worker,am i supposed to have anything else done before she comes and is she going to expect me to know what to do? :(

sarah707
04-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Pre-reg is a steep learning curve but you will pick things up gradually.

Try to focus on one bit at a time, once the systems are in place you just need to tweak them occasionally don't forget.

Good luck with it all ... let us know how you get on! :D

Playmate
04-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Like Sarah said, just take it slowly although you will pick up some fab advice and tips on her, just remember everyone does things their own way and so often there is no wrong or right. I to get overwhelmed sometimes on here and I have been registered for 17 years :laughing: Good luck and welcome to the forum :D

sandy64
04-08-2010, 06:04 PM
the good things with childminding really does outway the negatives i promise ive been registered over 20yrs and still love it yes there is lots of paperwork but thats what sarahs here for lol she has some great ebooks:laughing:

Chell
04-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I was the same as you. I booked on my first aid course but didn't send off my application form as I was too scared. :blush: I kept putting off sending the form as I didn't feel prepared. In this area you get given a thick booklet with questions to prepare for the pre-reg visit. That scared my totally! I regretted holding off as my CRB checks took so long to come. My pre-reg visit was really relaxed, I needn't have worried so much.

Pauline
04-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Hi Dawn,

Don't be scared because trying to take in all the info on here is a bit like picking up the user manual for some hi-tech gadget and expecting to understanding it all in one go!! :)

Go step by step and a little at a time and you will soon understand what you need to be doing and the main thing is we are all here to help you if you don't understand. :thumbsup:

miffy
04-08-2010, 09:04 PM
You'll be fine, especially now you've found the forum - there's so much info on here and such friendly folk to help you out if you're stuck!

Miffy xx

Dawn Darbyshire
17-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Thankyou everyone,i've had the child support worker come today,she was very nice,still a bit overwhelmed more about the planning,obs and assessments as to how ofsted want me to write them down,my computer has trouble downloading a lot of things so i am unable to see how certain sheets look,like the observation sheet doesn't come up great for me to see it properly. Thankyou all for your support.:)

Dawn

Dawn Darbyshire
05-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi Pauline,i want to send messages to other people to get help and advice but i don't know if i am doing this right? Do i need to click it somewhere else or am i clicking the right place when it says private message?

Thanks

Dawn Darbyshire

Pauline
05-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Hi Pauline,i want to send messages to other people to get help and advice but i don't know if i am doing this right? Do i need to click it somewhere else or am i clicking the right place when it says private message?

Thanks

Dawn Darbyshire

Hi Dawn

if you mean send private messages to other people then yes, clicking on the private messages will do that but to get the most of the help and advice your are best carrying on with putting messages on the forum. :)