PDA

View Full Version : My first mindee has left

twiggy
04-08-2010, 10:30 AM
My very first mindee has left me after 3 years to start school. Over the years I have helped her mum get through a divorce and baby sat in the evening when she has wanted to go out.

Whilst this parent has been the most disorganised and unreliable for time keeping and I will not miss her I will miss the child lots.

On my last day I was given for my 3 years of hard work a NOTEBOOK! and it wasn't even wrapped. Just goes to show how much she appreciated me.

theplayroom
04-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Thats so sad, just remember all the special stuff youve shared togeather x

Mollymop
04-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Bless ya. Some parents don't think do they?
Are you going to keep in contact with the child?

twiggy
04-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Bless ya. Some parents don't think do they?
Are you going to keep in contact with the child?

I expect I will see her about. Will still send her birthday cards.

angeldelight
04-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Some parents are hopeless

I agree remember all the good times that you had with the child bet the child will miss you lots

Hope you are ok

Angel xx

MAWI
04-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Oh No, you must feel awful.

Theres nothing worse than not feeling appreciated.

Chin Up, at least you know you've done a great job and shared speical moments with that child.
Unfortunatley some parents just dont care. Goes with the territory.

I looked after a little boy and went through a similar thing, got a phone call out of the blue. Mum said weve moved, wont be coming back. No phone call , card or time to say goodbye to the child. Very sad.

fluffysocks
04-08-2010, 03:21 PM
oh hun that is really hard on you. Some people just need to realise that being a childminder's job description is not "hired help"!!

I really feel for you hun, but just remember the bond you had with the child and try to move forward. Such a hard time saying goodbye, especially to your first mindee.

x

sarah707
04-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Recently I got a lovely bunch of flowers from a parent who'd been with me 2 months...

And absolutely nothing from one who'd been here 5 years - oh except for a debt! :rolleyes:

Hugs xx

The Juggler
04-08-2010, 05:12 PM
its the ones who take most energy and time (the parents that is) that appreciate you less:(

never mind, buy yourself a bottle of wine and pat yourself on the back!