PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else found....

helendee
04-08-2010, 08:05 AM
That they receive less enquiries since our information changed on the website last year? When we were listed on Childcare Link it seems that I received far more calls than I do these days. Maybe it's just me but it seemed far easier to find CMs on the old site!!:angry:

PixiePetal
04-08-2010, 09:00 AM
I have had 4 baby enquiries recently - all came from people who phoned our local CIS and got the printed list of CM with vacancies.

They don't seem to go through the website :rolleyes:

Mollymop
04-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Yes I have noticed a big difference in the amount of enquiries I am getting since the change, it is funny you should mention it, I was saying the same to Sue M and Orksie on Monday

Before the change when you updated your information you went to the top of the page, but now you stay where you are in alphabetical order by your first name, so me being Sandra, I am right down the bottom:mad:

I have made sure I update my info on the childcare board regularly on Netmums and becoming a gold member of Childcare.co.uk has helped me get a few enquiries.

I also ask other minders to give my numbers to the enquiries they get. One of my minding mates is the top of the childcare board as her name starts with "C" and she seems to get a lot more enquiries than me, but unfortunaltely for me she never gives my name - she manages to squeeze anything she gets in:rolleyes:

crazyhazy
04-08-2010, 09:08 AM
That they receive less enquiries since our information changed on the website last year? When we were listed on Childcare Link it seems that I received far more calls than I do these days. Maybe it's just me but it seemed far easier to find CMs on the old site!!:angry:

Interesting it doesn't affect me cos I'm in scotland but a new mum I have did comment she just looked at the internet for numbers etc and how you couldn't do that in england anymore which was a pain. She'd just moved back here. Is there anyone you can complain to about the new site?

Stillgoingstrong
04-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Well I wasnt even on it at all!!!! I phoned to complain and the bloke spoke to me like I am an idiot - hmmmm - and said "Irl talk you through how you get on the page for your area" when I was sitting with laptop strangely enough on my lap, looking at the page minus me!!! Have suddenly appeared now which is a bit of a coincidence after my call, but the email they have is wrong and I cant change it. Tried ringing them and get recorded message saying they are busy and will ring back. The dont. Havent had a single enquiry from them. Full up now anyway so huh to them and :thumbsup: to childcare.co.uk:D