PDA

View Full Version : Mum hasn't dropped off deposit money

Lily Grace
04-08-2010, 08:04 AM
I had a mum come round last week for before and after school for her little girl. Mindee will start school in January. I have been e-mailing mum before meeting her last week and I said I would need a months deposit as I would be holding the place till Jan. We signed contracts, worked out how much deposit and other bits of paperwork. She said she would drop deposit round in the week as they only live down the road. Well she hasn't dropped it off. Do I chase her up or just leave it. I hate chasing money but I need to know if she has changed her mind and I am cheesed off if I have wasted a contact as it was my last one.

Tinglesnark
04-08-2010, 08:11 AM
id give it untill the weekend and then think about chasing it up, tis only wednesday after all - unless you meant last week? if thats the case then do contact the parent...she may well have found someone else though :rolleyes:

good luck x

Lily Grace
04-08-2010, 08:20 AM
It was last week.

funfunfun
04-08-2010, 08:27 AM
id drop a call text and say

Hi wondered if you had forgotten about the deposit .............I have had another enquiry so could you please get it to me by the end of the week or unfortunatlly i will have to offer the place to someone else

along those lines anyway

Joannechildmind
04-08-2010, 09:02 AM
id drop a call text and say

Hi wondered if you had forgotten about the deposit .............I have had another enquiry so could you please get it to me by the end of the week or unfortunatlly i will have to offer the place to someone else

along those lines anyway

yes i would say the same as funfun good advice :thumbsup:

crazyhazy
04-08-2010, 09:06 AM
What funfunfun said, I had a slightly similar worry this week, mindee due to start mon and got a call on sunday to say she wouldn't be coming till next week but would pop round with money etc on the monday. She didn't come so I called and she apologised and said she'd be round yesterday, was starting to worry then they came at 5pm. So, hopefully it'll just be a forgetful mum and nothing worse x

miffy
05-08-2010, 02:33 PM
I would also chase it up - it could be it's just slipped her mind!

Miffy xx

margaret
05-08-2010, 05:02 PM
I would chase up payment.

Future reference
I charge all parents one of admin fee of £10.00, to cover contracts ,diaries,photos,learning journal etc, (covers cost of contracts if they dont come back and hour of interview - generally wasting my time as i only do initial interviews out of my work time) everyone as been happy with this so far.Hope this makes sense.