PDA

View Full Version : Corporate wear!!!!

SammyM
03-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Hi, does anyone have childminding uniforms???

I'm thinking of having a few polo shirts made up with my logo on, especially for the hols when I'm at the park etc, will be a bit of free advertising for myself.

Don't know what the other CM's would make of it tho??? I have a business logo that appears on all of my paper work and I personally think it makes me look unique and professional, but on the other hand don't want to look silly????

What are your thoughts?

Sam x

TammyN
03-08-2010, 09:14 PM
i have t-shirts and i know a few other's that do too, i like it and think it is great advertising. it also saves on ruined clothes which is why im going to invest in more :blush: at least then i will feel different at weekends :D

Zoomie
03-08-2010, 09:19 PM
I want to get some myself.

I am constantly ruining my clothes with paint and often have lovely smears of snot decorating them :rolleyes: .

desiderata
03-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Yea I have an embroidery machine and I made my own. I feel more professional and get to wear my own clothes when not working. Mines a caterpillar with a little girl on and im called Wriggles and Giggles. Good luck sorting somex

Stillgoingstrong
03-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Yep my assistant and I have tshirts and they help sooooo much - no worries about what to wear, look professional and good advertising. Only been wearing them for a couple of weeks after someone else on here said they wear them and got approached by someone looking for cm because of it.
The only people who give us funny looks are other cms round here tbh, who all seem to think they are better and more important than anyone else . Bothered - not:D

Blaze
03-08-2010, 09:55 PM
We have a forum member - Amaranth - that does them (t shirts, polo shirts, fleeces to name a few of her products) - they come highly recommended by quite a few forum members:thumbsup:

http://amaranthembroidery.co.uk/default.aspx

:)

The Juggler
03-08-2010, 10:00 PM
I've thought of having just plain t-shirts with large writing sayng I'm a registered CM - would stop people wondering if all the kids are mine:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Blaze
03-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Alternatively you could have plain t shirts saying "Yes, I'm a :censored: "!!!!
;) :D

jellybean cc
03-08-2010, 10:55 PM
This confuses me i was told at the ICP course that we should never give out where we live or what we do, only mobile numbers not home numbers for safety.

So if we have t shirts made up is that not making it obvious who we are and what we do.

Hebs
04-08-2010, 04:57 AM
This confuses me i was told at the ICP course that we should never give out where we live or what we do, only mobile numbers not home numbers for safety.

So if we have t shirts made up is that not making it obvious who we are and what we do.

People figure it out anyway unless they think all those kids are your own!!!

Monkey1
04-08-2010, 05:25 AM
We have a forum member - Amaranth - that does them (t shirts, polo shirts, fleeces to name a few of her products) - they come highly recommended by quite a few forum members:thumbsup:

Really chuffed with mine! Fantastic quality, highly reccomend!

Stillgoingstrong
04-08-2010, 05:54 AM

I dont put my address on the tshirts but I do put my home phone. I actually WANT to make it obvious who I am and what I do - it's my business and I'm promoting it. Dont really see why ICP said this tbh. Its not like I'm in the mafia or something, no-one is out to get me:eek: :eek: If we dont let people know where we live how we ever going to get mindees???? This is making less sense the more I think about it. :huh:

heatherw
04-08-2010, 06:15 AM
A cm near me wears a t shirt with her name printer on the front and childminder in massive letters on the back. Everyone knows what she is and she gets quite a lot of business this way. She doesnt have any other information on there, if people want her number they ask her for it.

Mookins
04-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Hi, does anyone have childminding uniforms???

I'm thinking of having a few polo shirts made up with my logo on, especially for the hols when I'm at the park etc, will be a bit of free advertising for myself.

Don't know what the other CM's would make of it tho??? I have a business logo that appears on all of my paper work and I personally think it makes me look unique and professional, but on the other hand don't want to look silly????

What are your thoughts?

Sam x

ive ordered mine too...fab advertising...i dont think there are any other cm's near me but if there are it wouldnt bother me what they think!

xxx

carol cameron
04-08-2010, 03:34 PM
I have polo shirts and a rainproof coat for the school run. Both have my name on and say registered childminder. Have had lots of response to them and it is easier when I am out in the holidays as well as the children spot me easily.( they are bright red). Don't forget you can put the full cost through your books too.:)

Beetlejuice
04-08-2010, 03:40 PM
I have a polo shirt with my business name on it and I also have some with the local CM association logo on. I'm going to get some more of my own done as it saves me trashing my own clothes.

hayleychildcare
04-08-2010, 03:42 PM
I have polo shirts, jumpers and a fleece coat, carrier bag, all with my name on and that im a childminder.

i also have a fleece jumper with just CHILDMINDER across the back
and a umberella with CHILDMINDER on:thumbsup:
Never had someone ask me for my number because of seeing me wear these yet

Beetlejuice
04-08-2010, 03:49 PM

Ooh thanks for this link - looks fab and just the ticket for my new polo shirts!

SammyM
04-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Think I'm going to go for polo shirts, a hoody and waterproof coat all with my lovely logo and business name on my left breasticle!!!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But what colour??? Decisions decisions, think a nice petrol blue will go well with my jeans (my other uniform LOL!!!)

sarah707
04-08-2010, 05:22 PM

I have just ordered a waterproof fleece from Amaranth and I already have polo shirts.

I also have waterproof coats in different sizes for the little ones - I'm building up my collection.

They look great with my logo - I am happy to recommend Amaranth. :D

karensmart4
04-08-2010, 05:24 PM
I have polo shirts, jumpers and a fleece coat, carrier bag, all with my name on and that im a childminder.

i also have a fleece jumper with just CHILDMINDER across the back
and a umberella with CHILDMINDER on:thumbsup:
Never had someone ask me for my number because of seeing me wear these yet

Where did you get the umberella? I haven't seen anything like that before :D

WibbleWobble
04-08-2010, 06:33 PM
i bought 6 t shirts from gap (all black) and i wear these with my black jeans ( i am an old goth so colour and i dont go together) They were cheap and i am cheerful!

No logo

No name

I dont want to put anything on t shirts etc cos my ex husbands GF and her mother are ...well how can i put it it polite company...a right pair of vicious :censored:, and i wouldnt want to give them ammo. Ths silent phone calls have only just stopped and i dont want to aggravate them. I know they would see the kids..but...you know what i mean...i hope:o

I did tell all my parents when i got the t shirts though as i didnt want them to think i was wearing the same t shirt all week!!!:rolleyes:

bish bosh....jobs a good un

mandy xxxx

Amaranth
04-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Hello!! Yes, it is me who does the workwear. Thank you to everyone who has reccommended me, I am really grateful for your support. :)

If there are any questions anyone wants answering or if there is something you are looking for that is not on the website, please get in touch and I will get back to you asap. If you could pm me or e-mail me please, as I don't get much time to look through all the posts on the forum and might miss your questions if they are in here.

Thanks

Amaranth
04-08-2010, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE=parsleypetal;757370]i bought 6 t shirts from gap (all black) and i wear these with my black jeans ( i am an old goth so colour and i dont go together) They were cheap and i am cheerful!

I'm an old Goth too! I have to say my wardrobe is mainly black and purple! My mum used to go mad with me when I was younger and at one point refused to buy me any more black clothes!! I was mortified. :laughing: I bought a royal blue vest top the other day for my hols and even my hubby was shocked!

Curly Quavers
06-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Ooh thanks for this link - looks fab and just the ticket for my new polo shirts!

This is where I get mine and some of the children have a hoodie with my logo on to wear when they are with me as well.

I just ordered some more and can't wait for the post to bring then.

karen m
06-08-2010, 07:00 PM
I have polo shirts ,loking to get sweatshirts ,fleece

Chell
06-08-2010, 08:06 PM
I have a black polo shirt from Amarynth. It has bright pink stitching saying Cony Childminder on the chest and www.CorbyChildminder.co.uk across the back.

I rarely wear it though. Since I bought it the weather has been warm so I've been wearing vests. I sometimes feel a bit embarressed wearing it. :blush:

SandCastles
06-08-2010, 09:03 PM
I have just been thinking of this as well, but I might just start off with a pin badge with my details on and see what response I get from that. Does anyone know where I can get such a thing???

beccas
06-08-2010, 09:21 PM
i have baby pink t shirts and polos with my business on and name i wear all the time and i also have a hoody my friend got me and its got my business name across back really big. safe 'n' sound childmininding in wath

I often get comments of how professional it looks and nice. i can sometimes catch people reading me as well which is funny. i even wore mine to childcare show in manchester this year..:clapping:

It shows i am proud to be a childminder and want the world toknow wear it with pride you deserve to .:clapping: :clapping:

balijay
07-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Another vote here for Amaranth - I have a bright yellow hooded sweatshirt with my childminding name and phone number embroidered on it. Haven;t worn it recently as it has been too hot!! Mental note to get some polo shirts for summer...........:laughing: As well as good advertising, a bright colour means the children can spot me easily when we are out.

Rubybubbles
07-08-2010, 02:56 PM
another fan of Amaranth.

I have only got a t-shirt and a fleece, but the t-shirt weres and washs really well (I have got navy with my fox logo) and the fleece is brilliant:thumbsup:

SammyM
07-08-2010, 09:00 PM
I have just been thinking of this as well, but I might just start off with a pin badge with my details on and see what response I get from that. Does anyone know where I can get such a thing???

NCMA do personalised name badges!

SammyM
17-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Well they've arrived and they are flipping FABULOUS!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I cannot recommend Amaranth highly enough, comminication was fab, emails to and fro before we finally decided on colours etc

Will definitely use her again, will post piccies later :)

Thanks!!!!!

blue bear
17-08-2010, 01:03 PM
When I was training to be a nursery nurse a teacher told me to always wear different colours and fabrics to stimulate the children.
I dont like the idea of a uniform, sorry to contradict everyone else.

venus89
17-08-2010, 01:17 PM
When I was training to be a nursery nurse a teacher told me to always wear different colours and fabrics to stimulate the children.
I dont like the idea of a uniform, sorry to contradict everyone else.

Well if that's the case I'm getting a uniform - I have one that definately needs no more stimulation:laughing:

beccas
17-08-2010, 01:22 PM
i receieved my t shirt and water proof very impressed they are ace just waiting to see if she can get my pink polos in as my colours are pink and blue.

i think wearing a uniform helps teh child to recognise me and relate to me, in most daycare they wear uniforms. my house is stimulating enough for a child with all teh resources i have why should i wear all different colours.

People can see i am a childminder when i am out and it often brings me business. I am proud of my job and want he world to know it.!!!:clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup:

karensmart4
17-08-2010, 03:53 PM
I received my polo shirts and fleece yesterday from Amarynth, fab :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
I think its good to have the uniform (if you can call it that) it shows people who you are and I'm sure it looks more professional when you do the school runs :thumbsup:

sandy64
17-08-2010, 06:20 PM
yep i love my polo shirts from amaranth gunna order a fleece and waterproof its so much better than ruining your own clothes :)

TammyN
17-08-2010, 07:11 PM
I want mine NOW but am having to wait or my funding to be agreed, my order is a big one as i want to myself and the kids ready for autumn weather so do hope it hurries up, i can't afford to pay up front until ive had an agreement as im claiming through a marketing grant:thumbsup: hope i get it soon, have just sent in my 3 competative:blush: quotes!

speak to you soon Amaranth :D

Tammy xx

Amaranth
17-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Awww, thanks for all your comments guys :blush: Glad all the orders arrived safely.
I do work really hard to try and give customers what they want and it is really lovely to see when people like the items.
Your comments are really appreciated. :)

P.s, no problem TammyN, speak to you soon Xx

Leanne59
24-08-2010, 06:20 PM
yep i love my polo shirts from amaranth gunna order a fleece and waterproof its so much better than ruining your own clothes :)

She does waterproof too? oh i didnt see them!!!