PDA

View Full Version : Contract Amended

tomthumb
02-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Hello,
I have a new parent starting at the end of the month. I sent her the contract, already signed by me, and she signed and returned but made amendements to it!! I could not believe it. As I have signed it, does it mean I agree with it, although I signed it before???
She has put a note next to the paragraph that states that full fees are payable when parents go on holidays (she has put to be discussed).
And she has added a paragraph to state that she reserves the right to withdraw her boys without notice should she feel like they are not being stimulated enough. I think it is not on, what do you think? And what should I tell her?
Some parents are just not easy!!

crazybones
02-04-2008, 01:11 PM
I think you would have been better going through the contract together and then sign it after she had agreed then these points could have been discussed. Do you have policies regarding holiday payments and termination of contract? If so did she read them and agree to them. I would definitely speak to her now as if you carry with this contract she sounds the type to mess you about over other things further down the line.

Polly2
02-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Cheeky cow :angry:

I couldn't work with someone like that!!

I always fill out the contracts together with parent so we can discuss any points there and then - maybe an idea?

I don't know how you stand now as you have already signed - I am sure someone more experienced than me will be along soon.

I am so angry for you

Hugs xx

Noodles
02-04-2008, 01:13 PM
I am afraid i would re do contract on origional terms as now you have signed that one you will have no evidence that her amendments were added without your permission.
Cheeky woman

Pipsqueak
02-04-2008, 01:13 PM
No I would cancel that contract and discuss the things she raises right now. Tell her (and put it in writing) that she has voided the contract by amending things without your consent, permission and knowledge and you are not agreeable to it without prior discussion and you will have to write a new one.

She had no right to make admendments without your permission and consent and is trying to dictate the terms. If she had queries she should have raised them with you before signing the contract - it is NOT her place to do this on the contract.

I would think carefully before agreeing to a contract with this person - if she is doing this right now she sounds a royal pain.

always sign the contract with BOTH parties present.

Banana
02-04-2008, 01:32 PM
No I would cancel that contract and discuss the things she raises right now. Tell her (and put it in writing) that she has voided the contract by amending things without your consent, permission and knowledge and you are not agreeable to it without prior discussion and you will have to write a new one.

She had no right to make admendments without your permission and consent and is trying to dictate the terms. If she had queries she should have raised them with you before signing the contract - it is NOT her place to do this on the contract.

I would think carefully before agreeing to a contract with this person - if she is doing this right now she sounds a royal pain.

always sign the contract with BOTH parties present.

Have to agree with both these points!!

What a cheeky so and so!

I would be reluctant to enter into a contract with this woman, she sounds like possible trouble from the off. If it were me, I'd cancel the place.

Let us know what happens - you need to gove her a call and follow it up in writing! I would be very unhappy !

x

jmoff
02-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Hi

I agree with what has been said.
Can't believe she did it! I would bring up the points and if she agrees to them then may be re-do the contract? Or if she is still a pain in the neck then i wouldnt get involved.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Jana x

Lou
02-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Totally agree with what has been said Elodie,

how are you, sorry it has slipped my mind until i saw your name that it was out turn to write and we had forgotton, will get children on to it tomorrow xx

berkschick
02-04-2008, 07:28 PM
OMG what a cheeky woman!

This is YOUR business and she is signing YOUR contract!

sarah707
02-04-2008, 08:04 PM
And she has added a paragraph to state that she reserves the right to withdraw her boys without notice should she feel like they are not being stimulated enough.

This bit alone would make me very concerned about completing a contract with this woman.

What is 'enough'? And how would she quantify it?

What an excellent way of getting out of paying if she decided to leave in a hurry...

Be careful here :eek:

wendywu
02-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Tell her to go and poke it. I have never in all the 11 years i have been minding heard anything like this. This is your business and your rules. :angry:

DCS
03-04-2008, 10:23 AM
hiya,

She should have discussed all concerns before signing contract. Prehaps you should refrain from sending signed contracts out in the post? I'm sorry to say, but I think you may have left yourself wide open here.

I know nobody likes to turn away biz, but, after her actions, seriously reconsider entering into a biz relationship with this ****** woman

Cecile
x

tomthumb
03-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Thank you all for your words of advice. You are right, I should have done the contract with her, well it shows you I am learning!!!:panic:
I called her yesterday and discussed the points that she had changed in the contracts. She apologised for changing the contract without discussing it with me. She was actually really nice and was a bit embarassed about the whole thing. We agreed on re-writing the contract so that both parties are happy. She was given my details by another childminder and the hours she wants are really good for me so I am going to go ahead with her and hope that it was just a little glitch (sorry not sure about spelling).
Next contracts I will do with parents, seating down and discussing any concerns!!
Well, I am a work in progress!!!!

Elodie XX

crazybones
03-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Thank you all for your words of advice. You are right, I should have done the contract with her, well it shows you I am learning!!!:panic:
I called her yesterday and discussed the points that she had changed in the contracts. She apologised for changing the contract without discussing it with me. She was actually really nice and was a bit embarassed about the whole thing. We agreed on re-writing the contract so that both parties are happy. She was given my details by another childminder and the hours she wants are really good for me so I am going to go ahead with her and hope that it was just a little glitch (sorry not sure about spelling).
Next contracts I will do with parents, seating down and discussing any concerns!!
Well, I am a work in progress!!!!

Elodie XX

Best of luck. Hope everything works out for you. :D