PDA

View Full Version : Pushchair

fluffysocks
03-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Hi all,

Once again I find myself on the hunt for a new single pushchair. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I an looking for one with a single bar handle, ample storage space in the shopping basket, ideally one that'll hold 3 lunchboxes, as well as being suitable for a 6 month old and a 2 and a half year old. I'm not really a fan of 3 wheelers either!

I have been looking at the Hauck Apollo or Hauck Malibu, anyone tried and tested either?

Thanks

x

Rubybubbles
03-08-2010, 07:43 PM
hey fluffy, your too soft!! Make the older ones carry the lunch boxes:D Can't recommend as you know my pushchair of choice;)

fluffysocks
03-08-2010, 07:45 PM
lol! but they like to ride their bikes to school!!

flowerpots
04-08-2010, 06:24 AM
ive got a mamas and papas luna mix and its brill, its used for a very tiny 12month old and also for a 3 year old. very easy to push and the storage basket it quite large hth :D

onceinabluemoon
04-08-2010, 06:51 AM
I'm not a fan of Hauck pushchairs, the ones I've had have been cheaply made and broken very quickly but others may have had more success?

Luna's are quite good although they are back heavy and can tip easily if you park on a slight slope or hang anything off the handle. I use buggy weights on mine which cancels out the problem but also makes them slightly harder to push...

My own favourites/recommendations would be Bugaboo Bee plus (but thats £450 so probably not what your looking for for minding) or a 'big' pushchair such as a silver cross linear freeway which go for peanuts on ebay.

watgem
09-08-2010, 10:49 PM
I have a maclaren techno which I love, its got umbrella type handles but is just lovely to push, my mountain buggy is also fab but basket rooms not wonderful and it has 3 wheels but light, manouverable and indestructable!

fluffysocks
11-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Thanks, have settled for the Britax b-mobile 4 wheeler in red! it was soo easy to push with a tall 3 year old in it and a 4 and a half year old sat on my bibi strolli that i attached to it in the shops! And it easily accomadated the 3 year old! got a few looks from shop assistants though when I was testing it out and making sure it wouldnt break too easily! isnt that what the display models are for????? hehe

love381
11-08-2010, 07:13 PM
My favourite pushchair of ALL time is the Mutsy Urban Rider. It is fairly expensive (although cheap ones can be bought on EBAY), but it is VERY reliable and lasts a LONG time. I've completely battered mine and used it for everything over the past 4 years and it still looks fairly new (apart from a few scratches on the frame/wheels which is to be expected for a 4 year old buggy!) I do have all the extra attachments for it as it's for my own children as well as for minded children, so it's just perfect. You could also buy the Duo-seat if it ever came that both children would be with you at the same time, it's just that cool!!! x

Rubybubbles
11-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks, have settled for the Britax b-mobile 4 wheeler in red! it was soo easy to push with a tall 3 year old in it and a 4 and a half year old sat on my bibi strolli that i attached to it in the shops! And it easily accomadated the 3 year old! got a few looks from shop assistants though when I was testing it out and making sure it wouldnt break too easily! isnt that what the display models are for????? hehe

oh link please:thumbsup:

fluffysocks
12-08-2010, 01:33 PM
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_0_10751_-1__96825_10001