PDA

View Full Version : Having the BEST holidays so far!!!

Beetlejuice
03-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Had to share - my kids and I are having the most fabulous school holidays! I was really dreading it as my eldest DD can be a bit 'challenging' and we have a very difficult relationship but the variety of stuff we are doing is keeping her entertained and she's been an :littleangel: !!! Most days she's the oldest I have (she's nearly 6.5) and she's being really helpful with the little ones. We've been on treks in the woods, run a sports day in the park, bowling, been on the local town trail and had picnics galore! We've also managed to catch a couple of local free entertainers in the park that have been laid on by the local council.

It's fab as she's feeling positive and entertained and I'm feeling positive about my job and the kids - who are all being well behaved - are having a ball.

Sorry for being self-indulgent :o but I'm having a blast!!! We're going on a canal boat this Thursday!!!:thumbsup:

little chickee
03-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Glad you are having such a good time and are balancing working and your own kids needs ( never easy!)

We are almost at the end of our hols - 1 week left after this week and as usual im already getting sad that my 3 boys will be going back to school - i love having them at home.

miss mopple
03-08-2010, 03:53 PM
so fab to hear you so positive about the job and little P hun. Really pleased you are having fun :clapping:

Did you get my facebook message last week about a meet by the way? Not like you not to reply

Beetlejuice
03-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Glad you are having such a good time and are balancing working and your own kids needs ( never easy!)

It is the hardest thing. I became a childminder so I could be here for my own children but sometimes regrettably their needs don't always come as high up the list as I would hope. The great thing is that from September I will only work a 4 day week which will be amazing. Means I get to spend the day with my youngest - who will start school in Sept 2011 - and take my eldest to her swimming lessons after school. My eldest is sooo excited she tells anyone who will listen that Mummy isn't going to work on Fridays so she and her sister have me to themselves!!:D

Beetlejuice
03-08-2010, 03:56 PM
so fab to hear you so positive about the job and little P hun. Really pleased you are having fun :clapping:

Did you get my facebook message last week about a meet by the way? Not like you not to reply

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: I vaguely remember getting a message hon but have been manically busy it slipped my mind to reply!! Please fogive me!!;) Will have to look at the diary as pretty much have stuff organised between now and my hols which is two weeks tomorrow :clapping: Will message you! XX

miss mopple
03-08-2010, 03:58 PM
no worries. Am hoping to meet up with H as well. Maybe if you cant make it we could do something in half term :)

moljak
03-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Sounds fantastic.Really pleased for you.

Do you think your Dd is less chalenging as your mindees are younger and she's helping out.I'm asking because my DD seems to be an angel when my mindees are younger.She enjoys being asked to help and play with the younger ones.Other times she can be hard work.

I had my neice and nephew today for 4 hrs.They're 9mths and 2 yrs.DD played lovely, sorted out toys, helped with nappy changes and when I said she could go out on her bike in the cul de sac she said no she was happy where she was!!!

karensmart4
03-08-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm so glad you're having such a bril time :thumbsup:

The Juggler
03-08-2010, 09:17 PM
sounds fab hon. it's hard to get your own children feeling happy sometimes so well done you:clapping:

Beetlejuice
04-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Sounds fantastic.Really pleased for you.

Do you think your Dd is less chalenging as your mindees are younger and she's helping out.I'm asking because my DD seems to be an angel when my mindees are younger.She enjoys being asked to help and play with the younger ones.Other times she can be hard work.

I had my neice and nephew today for 4 hrs.They're 9mths and 2 yrs.DD played lovely, sorted out toys, helped with nappy changes and when I said she could go out on her bike in the cul de sac she said no she was happy where she was!!!

I'm not sure to be honest - I had another 6 year old last week who was a total moo :mad: but my DD was lovely :D It will be interesting to see next week when I have my after schoolie for a day as she winds my DD up something rotten to try and get her into trouble :angry:

My DD1 is very tired today and we are going to be indoors at the local childrens centre so will see if she's still so angelic :laughing: