PDA

View Full Version : Holiday charges

sarah01x
03-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Hi all. I'm a pre reg and i'm just in the process of doing my policies. I was just wondering what to put on my fees policy for holidays...
Do I charge for when i go away and do I give the children so many weeks off a year free of charge.....or half pay or full pay?

many thanks
sarah x

Chatterbox Childcare
03-08-2010, 02:45 PM
This is down to you. I would canvas your local childminders and ask them.

I have 2 weeks paid hols and nothing after that and I know others that have more and some that have none and others that get half fee regardless of who is on holiday, minder or parent.

suzyblue
03-08-2010, 02:49 PM
I charge 4 weeks holiday but I get over my guilt by having the same weeks every year and I dont take any other time off (not even off sick) I also take my hols in the school holidays so it doesnt effect my term time only schoolers.

I charge full fees for their hols but they tend to take them when I do.

AliceK
03-08-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't charge for my holidays.
If parents give me 4 wks notice then they only pay 50% when they are off otherwise they pay full fees.
I don't charge for BH's either as I don't want to work them.

xxxxxx

sarah01x
03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
:panic: I was thinking of maybe giving myself 25 days plus bank hols....def to charge for the bank hols but maybe half pay for the 25 days? argh i dunno what to do lol

And was also debating whether to give something like 25 days free for full timers and 12 days free for part timers...again tho still debating

crazyhazy
03-08-2010, 04:42 PM
I have in my contracts that I will take 4 weeks holiday unpaid each year, mindee holidays/days off are full pay.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
03-08-2010, 04:44 PM
I charge full fees for mindies holidays and no fees for my own, this seems to be the norm around here

snufflepuff
03-08-2010, 04:49 PM
I charge full if they take holiday but nothing for my holiday. Bank holidays are charged in full if they don't attend, or i charge double if they do attend. (If i'm not able to work the bank holiday i won't charge)

Manda L
03-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Hi S,
I started as a Childminder just over a year ago, and i had the same dilema. When my son went to a C/M i used to have to pay full fee for either my own or C/M, which i always thought a little steep.
So when i was sorting out my contracts i decided to go for half fee for either their hols or mine.
You'll get there, we all do.:laughing: