PDA

View Full Version : Slimming world recipes

Banana
02-04-2008, 12:44 PM
If anyone has some recipes that they want to share around then lets add them here.

I saw a really good one for a curry earlier on another website. So will post that on later, I need to get some recipes together cos although normally im quite good with being creative - when its all the fat free stuff I get a bit stuck for ideas and tend to bore myself with the same thing over and over

SO add them here if you have any :thumbsup:

x

Banana
02-04-2008, 01:22 PM
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=180748&highlight=weight

scroll down to the third post!

loads of ideas for recipes
xx

chels55
02-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Slimming world houmous
1 can chick peas
2-4 garlic cloves
small pot fat free fromage frais
1 small onion
small pince of chilli powder
blend it together
and enjoy with veg- carrot sticks or celery its yummy

Syn free on green day

Pudding Girl
02-04-2008, 02:42 PM
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/SlimmingWorld/143_slimming_world_recipes.htm

http://www.droylsden.net/Slimming/recipe_page.htm

angeldelight
03-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Thanks everyone

Angel xx

Banana
04-04-2008, 11:24 AM
1lb mussels
Half a red chilli
2 cloves
Garlic
2 serving spoons chicken stock. (made from stock cube)
4 musrooms finely chopped.

throw all the stuff in the pan (excluding the mussels) and cook for 1 minute.

then throw in the mussels and put a lid on the pan, leave for about 2-3 minutes, make sure all mussels have opened and then serve!

Throw away any mussels that dont open!

Enjoy - so tasty!!

xxx

Tatia
07-04-2008, 07:02 AM
I got this recipe out of the new mag and it was fantastic. Even my husband loved it and said he wouldn;t even mind it for dinner with ham or bacon on the side. Best thing is, it's totally free on red or green! It didn't taste like diet food, either. It tasted like "oh my gawd, delicious holiday restaraunt" food.

Eggs Florentine

For the hollandaise sauce

small handful of chives
5 tbsp very low fat natural fromage frais
1 level tsp English mustard
2 tsp lemon juice
pinch of cayenne pepper
freshly ground black pepper

For the Florentine

12 eggs
dash of white wine vinegar
12 slices of wholemeal toast
Fry Light
567 g baby spinach

1) Chop the chives and set aside. Place fromage frais, mustard, lemon juice and cayenne pepper in a heatproof bowl and mix. Season with pepper then place bowl over a pan of simmering water until ready for use.

2) Poach the eggs: bring large pan of water to a simmer and add vinegar. Crack each egg into a ramekin then gently pour into the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes (WARNING - recipe says 5 minutes but mine were hard-boiled so I had to do more and it only took 2 or 3 minutes for perfect eggs).

3) Meanwhile, toast the bread and using a large cookie cutter, cut a circle out of each slice to make "muffins". At the same time, heat some Fry Light in a skillet and gently cook the spinach until wilted, about 2 minutes.

4) PLace 2 muffins on each plate. Top with spinach and then poached eggs. Drizzle over the sauce abd sorinkle with chives.

angeldelight
07-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Thanks for that

Angel xx

carolinel
07-04-2008, 09:07 AM
I got this recipe out of the new mag and it was fantastic. Even my husband loved it and said he wouldn;t even mind it for dinner with ham or bacon on the side. Best thing is, it's totally free on red or green! It didn't taste like diet food, either. It tasted like "oh my gawd, delicious holiday restaraunt" food.

Eggs Florentine

For the hollandaise sauce

small handful of chives
5 tbsp very low fat natural fromage frais
1 level tsp English mustard
2 tsp lemon juice
pinch of cayenne pepper
freshly ground black pepper

For the Florentine

12 eggs
dash of white wine vinegar
12 slices of wholemeal toast
Fry Light
567 g baby spinach

1) Chop the chives and set aside. Place fromage frais, mustard, lemon juice and cayenne pepper in a heatproof bowl and mix. Season with pepper then place bowl over a pan of simmering water until ready for use.

2) Poach the eggs: bring large pan of water to a simmer and add vinegar. Crack each egg into a ramekin then gently pour into the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes (WARNING - recipe says 5 minutes but mine were hard-boiled so I had to do more and it only took 2 or 3 minutes for perfect eggs).

3) Meanwhile, toast the bread and using a large cookie cutter, cut a circle out of each slice to make "muffins". At the same time, heat some Fry Light in a skillet and gently cook the spinach until wilted, about 2 minutes.

4) PLace 2 muffins on each plate. Top with spinach and then poached eggs. Drizzle over the sauce abd sorinkle with chives.

watch out for the bread though - you would have to count that as a "b" or sins!

Tatia
07-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Yes the bread is a healthy B. I hate using Syns on bread!:D

Tatia
08-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Getting ready to make this for dinner with left-over chicken. Will let you kow how it turns out. Sounds fairly simple.

This is syn free on both days - ideal for curries or with meat / quorn or even chips on a green day!

Ingredients
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1tbsp hot or med curry powder
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 57ml/2fl oz veg stock
- 2 tbspn sweetner
- 57g/ 2oz natural yoghurt or Quark/fromage frais
- 1tbspn chopped mint
- 1 tbspn chopped coriander

Cooking Instructions

1. Chop onions and crush garlic. Spray frying pan with fry light and place on heat - add onion, garlic, and ginger and fry for 1-2 mins before adding curry powder.

2. Stir and cook for another couple of mins then add tomatoes, sweetner and stock.

3. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer gently for 12-15 mins.

4. Then blitz sauce in food processor or with hand blender, and return to heat.

5. Heat gently then add quark/yoghurt/fromage frais and herbs.

If you use this as a sauce to form a curry, you can leave out the 4th step and simply add mushrooms, veg, meat, etc to your liking.

Pudding Girl
08-04-2008, 05:34 PM
I have made a lovely littel soup today, a bag of watercress ( 10p in bin at Asda!) some asparagus, pint chicken bovril stock and ready cooked chicken - heat through, allow watercress to wilt, and then whizz up. Free on red days ( or omit chicken for greens )

Liz Hurley swears by watercress soup, so let's see if I magic into her overnight ;)

also ordred a burgerpress from www.lakeland.co.uk and have made turkey burgers -

mush up turkey mince with your hands, season ( I put a bit of cajun in, but whatever you like will work just fine)
mush again till seasoning runs through, half fill burger press, then add in a lite laughing cow triangle ( taken from your HEA allowance) and add the rest of the mince, and ake in the oven for around 20-30 mins ( depends how thick your burger is)
Hoping this turns out ok, not tried it before!!

carolinel
09-04-2008, 06:42 AM
ooh some nice recipes.

I've been having thai chicken grills which are really yummy and soooooooooo easy to make (I can actually do it!!!)

1lb minced chicken - can't find this anywhere so I just use chicken portions and cut up really small.

1 red chilli (de-seeded and finely chopped)

1tsp thai seven spice mix

2 tbsp fresh coriander.

mix it all together in a bowl. form patties.

fry in fry light for 5 mins on each side.

I had these last night with salad and jacket potato - was a really nice tea!

angeldelight
09-04-2008, 06:43 AM
Thank you for all of these ideas

Angel xx

Tatia
09-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Just wanted to say that the curry sauce I posted above was a huge hit even with the family. It had a lovely, full flavour. I added left-over chicken to it but it would also be gorgeous with a bunch of diced veggies like courgette, aubergine, squash/pumpkin or mushrooms (totally free on a green day!).

If anything, it was slightly too sweet and I may cut back on sweetener next time.

Oooh, those Thai grills sound nice, too!

chels55
09-04-2008, 07:13 AM
Im sure most people have tried the slimming world chips

Peel potatoes and cut into chuncky chips
pre heat oven at around gas mark 8
par boil potatoes for about 5 minutes and drain
place on a baking tray and spray with fry light
ready in about 30 mins or until golden
Free on green day

I eat them with quorn sausages and baked beans and you dont feel like your on a diet because they taste so good

Banana
09-04-2008, 08:05 AM
I havnt made the chips yet - but I have decided to have a green day today so think I may give them a try - thanks for reminding me!

xx

Tatia
09-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Mmmm, they're gorgeous!

carolinel
09-04-2008, 06:30 PM
have you done the chips yet Lana? what's the verdict?

Banana
10-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Well can I just say - the chips were fab!!! I even gave them to Isabelle with her dinner last night - she had a few but she doesnt really like chips anyway -but she did have a few.

The chips alone make me want to have more green days!

Also - anyone with the magazine this month - make the turkey burgers, I had then for dinner tonight and they were fantastic!! Really quick and easy to prepare and tasted great!! Free on original - use wholemeal roll as healthy extra.

Yummy!!
xx

Tatia
11-04-2008, 09:06 AM
I was planning on trying those, too. I will put them on my shopping list.

Banana
11-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Enjoy Tatia!!

Just remeber to season them! I made them exactly as the recipe said and it didnt say to add seasoning - I should have realised but didnt until after they were cooked, just needed a pinch of salt and pepper

xxx

chels55
20-02-2010, 01:03 AM
oxo cubes are now free in syns

Tatia
21-02-2010, 08:17 AM
OMG, I had forgotten all about this thread! Wish I had seen it before I went shopping yesterday! :laughing:

Tatia
21-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Can we pin this post, mods and admins?

nannysue
21-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Chilli Beef and Noodles ........

12oz sirloin steak, all fat removed
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp crushed dried chillies
1/2 red, yellow & green pepper
1 carrot
300g pack dried egg noodles
Fry Light

1. Prepare the stir fry ingredients, cut the steak into strips, place in a bowl with soy sauce and crushed chillies and marinate in fridge for at least 10 mins.
Slice peppers and carrot.
Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.

2. Heat a wok sprayed with Fry Light and stir fry beef for 2-3 mins , add peppers and carrot and continue until softened , add the noodles, heat through and serve .

You can replace the beef with either 1 lb chicken or Pork

babs
21-03-2010, 10:38 AM
quick quiche...

1 pk of pasta and sauce ( i use tomato, onion and herb)
1 tub low fat cottage cheese ( any u want. i use cheese and chives,or plain)
4 eggs
1 tomato

make up pasta and sauce as directed on packet but with only water.
mix cottage cheese and eggs together in a jug
once pasta is cooked pour into a flan dish( oven proof) i use i dish lid.
pour over cottage cheese and egg mixture.
garnish with sliced tomato
bake in oven until egg mixture is cooked around 15 to 20 minutes.
serve with side salad
all free on a green day...........

for a red day swap pasta and sauce for tin of corned beef and onion

fry off onion, add cornbeef and cook until it becomes soft then place in dish pour over cottage cheese and egg mixture , garnish n bake untill cooked..
free on a red day.

maisiemog
01-04-2010, 08:14 AM
This is a website I use a lot for SW friendly websites.

www.slimmingeats.com

I love some of her recipes. Great for ideas as well

chewy sweets
05-04-2010, 02:10 PM
I've got loads that i bought from a seller on ebay! Anyone want a copy pm me your email address and i'll forward it to you. I think the document is too large to upload on here as there are quite a few pages!

chewy sweets
05-04-2010, 02:12 PM

Hope this works! :thumbsup:

cs01
05-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Hope you don't mind me posting on this thread as I don't have a recipe but.....have just finished my 3 month subscription to WW and still have at least another stone to lose so was considering a change and joining up with SW. Does anyone do the diet online rather than attend a class and if so, is it easy to follow? Thanks!

chewy sweets
06-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Hope you don't mind me posting on this thread as I don't have a recipe but.....have just finished my 3 month subscription to WW and still have at least another stone to lose so was considering a change and joining up with SW. Does anyone do the diet online rather than attend a class and if so, is it easy to follow? Thanks!

I followed the slimming world diet at home. Wasn't registered online but a work friend was attending the classes and photocopied the plan for me. It was quiet easy to follow and i did lose weight on it. But to be honest weight watchers is alot more easy to follow and always works better for me but this is just my opinion! :thumbsup:

maisiemog
07-04-2010, 02:57 PM

Hope this works! :thumbsup:

Thanks. I've got it! Joining SW tonight so will be trying some of those recipes over the next few weeks! They look yummy!