PDA

View Full Version : child with c diff

julie w
03-08-2010, 07:06 AM
I am minding a 1 year old who has had runny nappies for weeks now. The doctor did tests and said he has a strain of c. diff. in his bowel. The mum asked the doctor if she should keep him away from my setting. Doc said that as he's still in nappies and if all hygiene procedures are being followed then it shouldn't be a problem. However the mum mentioned this in front of some other parents. They phoned me last night panicking. They said they googled it and people are dying from c. diff in hospitals. Her husband was in the background going on about disinfectant etc. I was getting a bit annoyed even though I can understand where they're coming from. I think I was more miffed cos they have always sent their children with tummy bugs and tonsilitis. But then I digress. What do you think I should do in this situation.? Thank you.

Pedagog
03-08-2010, 07:09 AM
People always panic when they hear things like C-Dif. Personally I would phone the HPA or at least the loacl Environmental Health team and ask for their advice.

Polly2
03-08-2010, 07:13 AM
I agree - I think you should get some official advice from someone not involved. Then you can base your decision on that and have something to back you up.