PDA

View Full Version : what bag?

moljak
02-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Right ladies and gents.

my name is moljak and I'm a bagaholic.Love bags but it has to be just right.I like them to sit properly on my shoulder if it's a messanger type bag.Has to be the right size for the right purpose.I have a bag I use solely to carry books ect for my course I have small messenger type bags of various colours for when I just need to sling a purse and phone in and currently at the moment my fav bag is my Cath kidston messenger bag which holds everything possible as it's huge!

I want a bag soley for minding.It needs to carry everything I need so needs to have pockets for bottles ect if not a changing bag.I want to be able to carry 1 bag for all mindees.Nappy's spare clothes, first aid kit, bottles ect. I don't mind if it's a messenger or backpack typpe but i need it to sit properly so that i still have my hands free for mindees.Make sense???????

Oh and I suppose it should be waterproof ish for outings :)

So what bag do you have and how do you rate it????

PixiePetal
03-08-2010, 07:02 AM
I am a bag-a-holic too and like the right one for the job!

I am a Kipling addict - got a few:blush: :blush:

They are in all shapes/sizes/colours with zips/pockets/compartments. The webbing straps are comfy and I like them to go across body and give hands free:thumbsup: Usually decent price on QVC but not chea.

I use a backpack for minding - not Kipling but I am working on that!

margaret
03-08-2010, 07:24 AM
I love bags and have loads.Kipling are one of my favourite when minding,hold everything ,loads of fab colours and i love the monkeys - kids love them to and always saying why cant you get my named mokey - a good talking point.

WibbleWobble
03-08-2010, 07:26 AM
i have a rubber spiked "bug Bag" its a rucksack and the kids love it. Its a goth bag and all the local kids know me....just by my bag!

mandy x

margaret
03-08-2010, 07:29 AM
rubber spiked bug bag sounds good,do they come in different colours

shelly2012
03-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Great post I have also been looking for a bag for minding too my requirements are it looks pretty, over the shoulder, bit for iphone, lippy and kids stuff. Never heard of Kipling I'm off to google it.

:laughing:

WibbleWobble
03-08-2010, 05:10 PM
rubber spiked bug bag sounds good,do they come in different colours

its very old but there were only black ones...obviously the colour i wanted. got it from afflecks palace in manchester

mandyxxx

Alibali
03-08-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm a Kipling convert too, fab for work as there are so many pockets and you can find everything easily.

singingcactus
03-08-2010, 06:30 PM
I just have a canvas messenger style bag. My brother gave it me, it comes from burtons men clothing store. It just has a picture of a skull on it and some graffiti style art work. I like the fact it is canvas cos it can just go in the wash if it gets messy, and I am not in the least bit precious about it so it can get shoved on floor, under chairs, in foot-well of car, whatever.

moljak
03-08-2010, 06:48 PM
might have to check out kipling then :)

any others?

moljak
03-08-2010, 08:33 PM
kiplings look good and though bit pricey I don't mind paying as i want it to last and have learned that a good fitting bag can be pricey.

Anyone got a Ameribag healthy changing bag? It was suggested by a friend of friend who has had hers for ages and loves it.i'm not sure on size wise what i'd get in.

Anyone???

found a picture of one being worn.Quite a good size.Now to see how cheap I can find one and compare with kipling

http://www.thehealthybackbag.co.uk/babybag-hbb/babybag-hbb/classic-distressednylon-babybag-black.html

watgem
09-08-2010, 10:56 PM
oooh I love bags too I'm bidding on an oi oi bag-they are lovely but pricey, and I have a samsonite rucksack/hobo bag which is fab but just plain black.

Chatterbox Childcare
10-08-2010, 08:12 AM
I have 3 children under 5, sometimes 4, and I take the bag with me that is needed on that day. i.e. the baby has everything in it I need so I take that one plus an extra nappy for the older child in case. I also rotate the wet ones.

I couldn't take everything in one bag, it would be just too much.

The older children bring a change of clothes but they are never used but their bags are in my boot everytime we go out. If I had to take them with the other items then it would be taking it out and putting it back in all the time and I cannot see the logic in that.

rickysmiths
10-08-2010, 08:40 AM
I have a back pack that I bought for a fiver in a local shop a couple of years ago. Its great because it has laods of pockets. I keep a roll up changing mat, a fold up portable potty, a first aid kit, wipes in it and then add the nappies needed and any changes of clothes I might need for an outting. If I am giong on a day out with the car I just put all the childrens own bags in the boot and put nappies in my bag.

moljak
10-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Thanks for your replies.
I don't drive so need to have a bag that suits walking purposes.The baby bag for mindee often comes laden with nappies and I wouldn't want to add other childrens clothes, nappies to it, I feel that would be a bit cheeky as I need to use it on a daily basis and that would be their wear and tear and not mine.
I just need something that can be for the purpose of minding, always have my first aid kit, contact numbers, wipes, anti bac gel, my pac a mac in ect then add whatever is needed for the mindees i have that day.I'm watching a few backpack types on ebay but it's hard because i'm very fussy about where the straps fit and how comfortable the bag is.I'm wondering if it's just false economy to do trial and error with bags from ebay.Unfortunately have lots of lovely bags from ebay in my cupboard that just don't sit right.

Rubybubbles
10-08-2010, 09:49 AM
not a bag person me lol! I have a sports rucksack, meant for children going to school! I have 2 brothers in my under 5's that need clothes and things so stuff everything into that bag lol!

Would love a nice snazzy bag but have no idea on what looks good or not :laughing:

sweets
10-08-2010, 12:41 PM
i have 3 two year olds a day, i take my own bag that has a spare pair of leggings and a tshirt i bought that will fit all 3 children so i dont have to take their spares with me. my own pack of wipes and mat so in the morn i just have to chuck a few nappies in out of their own bags and any snacks/drinks we need for the day. up till now i used a really nice pink flowery backpack i got off the market but it hasnt got any pockets and i found it just ended up as a bottomless pit and things like my purse and phone just fell to the bottom and i had to constantly hunt and dig for things!

ive just bought a blue/grey camping bag from homebargains (£1.99 :eek: ) that has loads of pockets which is great, its not the nicest looking bag but it does a better job than my pink one so it will do till i find a prettier one. lol.

flora
10-08-2010, 04:36 PM
I loved my skip hop bag, loads of room, loads of pockets, lovely long strap and fixes onto a buggy in seconds.

Doesn't say it's washable but I bung it in on a 30 wash and hey presto it comes out like new :thumbsup:

mamasheshe
10-08-2010, 05:52 PM
I have 3 children under 5, sometimes 4, and I take the bag with me that is needed on that day. i.e. the baby has everything in it I need so I take that one plus an extra nappy for the older child in case. I also rotate the wet ones.

I couldn't take everything in one bag, it would be just too much.

The older children bring a change of clothes but they are never used but their bags are in my boot everytime we go out. If I had to take them with the other items then it would be taking it out and putting it back in all the time and I cannot see the logic in that.

so you just rotate the nappy right? :laughing: :laughing:
sorry that's how i read it the first time xx

maisiemog
10-08-2010, 07:28 PM
I use a caboodle changing bag. Brought it for my DD when she was born as I wanted a nice changing bag and use it now! Got loads of pockets and compartments so perfect!

In it I permanently keep changing mat, anti-bac wipes, alcohol handwash, first aid kit, emergency contacts, DDs things.

Then I add as needed the mindees things plus anything extra needed for the day. It is quite bulky tho so gets slung over the buggy!

moljak
11-08-2010, 08:07 PM
After much research I now have decided on a skip hop duo deluxe bag that has a nice shoulder strap and also clips on the pushchair.

Opinions please???

Anyone know anywhere cheap to buy new? i am on the ebay look out :)

flora
11-08-2010, 08:10 PM
I love my skip hop single, and I can't think of a negative thing about it. I bought mine from ebay.

Keep looking you will probably grab a bargain :clapping:

balijay
11-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Sorry, know you have already picked but I love my Burtie Bucket bag http://www.theoldbagcompany.com/Catalogue/The-Burtie-Bucket-Bag - have a look at the rest of the range too - I am hankering after the changing bag for my lo due in November :)

(Edit - am getting the matching purse for my birthday next week too - I can't stop myself :blush: )