PDA

View Full Version : storage for files and paperwork

terrydoo73
02-08-2010, 09:35 PM
How do you store you files and other paperwork to do with childminding. I have quite a number of shelves filled with things like one from my childminding association, my NVQ files, Quality Assurance file, monthly theme files etc as well as yearly files for my accounts. Is there an easier way to store this - my problem is my hubby is a farmer so I have double the paperwork - could nearly fill one room on its own with paperwork alone! At present I have my master bedroom converted into a storage playroom and office stuff. Just trying to get my head around some way of making the room look a bit more presentable if anyone happened to wander in there!

Blaze
03-08-2010, 05:03 AM
I have a cuboard in my utitlity room about the size of a wardrobe, but not quite as tall that most of it goes in - the rest is on a bookcase.
HTH:)

terrydoo73
03-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks Blaze - yes I have mine in a wardrobe at present too but there are just so many of them. Think I might try and store my old accounts files away some way handier as they are in foolscap files and bulky - I need a full shelf alone for them and hubby's with having to keep them for 7 years!

My playroom is inaccessible to children really as there is so much stuff in there that I just wouldn't want them bringing out and invariably they want that very thing they see that you don't want them to have! I think the only solution is large boxes with lockable lids at present!

Blaze
03-08-2010, 11:40 AM
I added shelves to the wardrobe to ultalize the space & have a large box on top of it too. For paperwork I need easy assess to I keep on high shelves of a bookcase in the playroom. For toys I use the cubby holes from argos stacked on top of each other with clear tubs.
HTH:)

PS I have a lock on the wardrobe (just a mothercare multi-purpose one) - maybe an idea for you - also perhaps a bookcase with doors that again you could put a lock on?