PDA

View Full Version : New little one

Polly2
02-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Well my new little one has just gone.

She basically cried all morning for her mum and I feel soooo bad.

Do any of you feel like a failure when you just can't settle them??

I was really professional with dad when he picked up and explained that it was perfectly normal to be upset on her first day and she will soon settle down but after he went I became a quivering wreck.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh sorry just had to let that out :(

cuddlybunny38
02-04-2008, 12:15 PM
It will get better, you done well, Sharon

chels55
02-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Dont feel bad, every child is different
im sure things will get better over time, the more the child gets to know you and feels secure the better things will be

manjay
02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
You shouldn't feel a failure but I know that is not easy. My youngest mindee is only with me 2 days a week and it has taken 2 months to get to the stage where he doesn't cry when mum leaves him.

So I would stick in there and I am sure it will get better

Big hugs

amanda xx

crazybones
02-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I have got one who was off at home with mum last week and has whined for her since Monday. He is also suffering with a cold and has actually been sitting quiet watching TV for the last 20 mins.

Polly2
02-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks all

I know I am being silly really and it will take a while - especially as I only have her 1 day a week, (this morning was settling in so shorter time)

Her dad was lovely and said "I'm sure it won't be long before she does not want to go home" so that was nice.

It's just me really - I am having one of my "I am a rubbish cm" days.

cheers all xx

venus89
02-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Poor you - I'm sure she'll be more settled next time x

crazybones
02-04-2008, 12:29 PM
I am having one of those too after serving lunch. Most of it is in the bin so I have said no playstation - I have 2 sulking 10 year olds and an 8 year old who is allowed on because he ate his lunch but is sulking because he wants someone to play with him. The 2 2 year olds ate all theirs and are watching TV whilst it settles.

Polly2
02-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Be firm Annie lol!!!

I hope they all cheer up for you :thumbsup:

angeldelight
03-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Hi Holly

Just catching up

Hope the little one settles - might take a while though if they only come once a week - you will more than likely have to go all through that crying again come next week

Hope you are ok anyway

Angel xx

LittleAcorns
03-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Holly, I think most kiddies aren't themselves when in new surroundings, it will get better I promise x

emler
03-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Keep your chin up Holly - the little one might cry for a while but thats only natural as its all new to her. I'm sure she will soon settle

Emler x

Mollymop
03-04-2008, 01:23 PM
That's something I am worried about, Holly. Worried about them crying all day for their mum's bless them. As I still remember being little and wanting my mumma all the time.
I would feel so guilty!
Hope you have had a better dayX

miffy
04-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Just catching up Holly the little one will settle soon I'm sure but wow you are so lucky the dad sounds really nice and understanding

Good luck next time

miffy xx

Polly2
04-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks ladies

I am certainly lucky I have pretty good set of parents at the moment.

We will see how she is next week :eek: