PDA

View Full Version : will i get a complaint?

Ben10mad
02-08-2010, 02:25 PM
HIya
Will try and keep this short
On Sunday i noticed a gap in the fence outside in the back garden so i covered it up with a peace of wood so our dog wouldn't get through we have horrible neighbors and have had many issues with them before think that i have posted before about them.
Any way Wednesday i was just on my way out with the kids just about to reverse off the drive and noticed a dog wardens van pull up outside it suddenly clicked so i pulled back on to drive and got kids in the house, ran outside to see where my dog was lucky she was outside on the patio, got her in the house and the dog warden came round she said that the dog has been in next doors garden, i said ok well if they are bothered about her escaping fix the fence its there side so they should fix it i covered the gap back up and then on Friday another dog warden(senior) came round knocking on my door at 9am well i had been up all night painting and got carried away as you do and didn't go to bed till2am, my phone battery died so i woke up to my son at 8.45am i had mindee's start at 9am so i was lucky to have got up when i did, any way moving on this dog warden came at 9am i opened the door and he literally walked straight in and said i need to see you fence i was stunned, i asked for id and just walked straight through, as many of you may know we have pups and we currently had two at the time there keep in the dinning room as were yet to decorate but you can see straight through as the is just a stair gate and a board blocking access for the kids, he noticed the pups and walked in to them to access the garden even though i said could you use the other door instead but no he didn't listen well as i woke up late cleaning the pups out wasn't the first thing on my mind it was getting the kids sorted so the doggy mess hadn't been cleaned up :panic:
I said please excuse the mess i have woke up late and haven't had chance to clean them out, he walked outside and put a few board up the fence to stop the dog getting in (as the neighbors had rung the council again saying that she was in there garden) then he said i really don't agree with you being a child minder and breading at the same time as the dog waste he was going on saying they should be cleaned out with bleach daily
I DOOOOO but i got up late!!!!!!!
Do you think that he may put a complaint in to ofsted, im really worried
xxx

SamBaker
02-08-2010, 02:35 PM
OMG!!! Has he got nothing better to do?? There are so many much worse situations than yours!! How dare he barge into your house, I think it should be you complaining about him!:angry: :angry: What does he know about childminding? I bet your mindees love having the puppies around, I bet they are really cute.

Hope you get it sorted out soon

Sam xx

Mookins
02-08-2010, 02:39 PM
tried to post and managed to delete it:rolleyes:

i say the same as above.....complain about him...if you had mindees in your home...he could have really upset them, you are running a business!

you didnt have mindees with you so none of his business what you do in your own time

id be livid and on the phone to his superior causing hell:angry:

xxx

LOOPYLISA
02-08-2010, 02:42 PM
How dare he :angry:

You should see my kittens litter tray in the morning :laughing:

I would make a complaint :thumbsup:

wendywu
02-08-2010, 02:53 PM
I would put in a complaint in about him trespassing on your property. No ID and you with children in the house.:angry:

Deny the dog poop if anything comes of it. Just say he got aggressive because you asked for id and to sign your visitors book.:panic:

Do a complaint now and get in first. Ask Ofsted if you have the right to refuse him entrance when children are present if he has no ID :mad:

sarah707
02-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Dog wardens have an automatic power of entry if they believe a dog to be in distress or being used for fighting

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/cruelty/documents/dogs-guide-enforcers.pdf

Was there any indication that the neighbours have said your dog was in distress?

I would write up the incident to show Ofsted if they are contacted or if a complaint is made. Explain what you normally do in the morning before children arrive.

Also make sure you have a good quality risk assessment to show how the children are protected from the animals and faeces on a daily basis - a daily cleaning schedule would also be useful if you do not have one already.

However as your cleaning / safety routine didn't happen this morning you have not followed the statutory requirements of the Eyfs and will be in trouble for that if it is reported. So write up the incident saying how you kept children in another part of the house while you did the necessary cleaning etc.

I hope you are ok xx

wendywu
02-08-2010, 03:00 PM
But they must have to provide valid ID or any tom dick or harry could say they are a dog warden. :panic:

wendywu
02-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Just a thought , if a dog could get through a hole in the fence so could a child.

So you may be forced to repair it even if it is not your fence. I think Ofsted would demand the garden is secure. :(

littlesprogs
02-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Also regarding the fence although it is not yours it is your responsibility to keep your dog in the garden and obviously putting something in front of the hole isnt working.

I have the same problem i have a Japanese Akita who is an escape artist and she keeps getting out too fortunately i have nice neighbours but i'm going to have to buy a huge run for her to go in instead.

Ben10mad
02-08-2010, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=sarah707;756093]Dog wardens have an automatic power of entry if they believe a dog to be in distress or being used for fighting

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/cruelty/documents/dogs-guide-enforcers.pdf

Was there any indication that the neighbours have said your dog was in distress?

I would write up the incident to show Ofsted if they are contacted or if a complaint is made. Explain what you normally do in the morning before children arrive.

Also make sure you have a good quality risk assessment to show how the children are protected from the animals and faeces on a daily basis - a daily cleaning schedule would also be useful if you do not have one already.

However as your cleaning / safety routine didn't happen this morning you have not followed the statutory requirements of the Eyfs and will be in trouble for that if it is reported. So write up the incident saying how you kept children in another part of the house while you did the necessary cleaning etc.

I hope you are ok

Hi Sarah thank you for that information.
well after he left i rung my dad as i was :angry: as the dog warden had just let him self in, and my dad came down, he cleaned the pups out whilst i looked after the children.

my dog was and is fine she just went out to do her business and must of seen the hole and decided to go through.
If you've ever heard of neighbors from hell THEY ARE MINE, they are horrible they complain about everything Bonfires ect.
I WAS MORE ANGRY as she has just had pups and if i wouldnt have been in they would of taken her.
i will write up everything thank you

youarewhatyoueat
02-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Is that your dog in the picture? if that dog was loose in my next door neighbours garden and the owners went out I wouldn't be too pleased, I also don't like neighbours who have bonfires but that doesn't make me a neighbour from hell. Just someone who may not want someone elses dog in my garden. You perhaps need to think about putting up a new fence on your side and seperate off a section of garden for your dog, could it be done away from the neighbours. Just a thought, difficult to judge when we can't see.

Baileys'n'cream
02-08-2010, 07:55 PM
How horrible for you, I have 2 dogs and would be very distressed if a dog warden decided to barge into my house

The neighbours on both sides of us also have dogs, and down both sides the fencing has been affected by the dogs smelling each other. We are replacing the side that is 'ours' but we are also re-enforcing the other side, not quite sure with what yet, although our neighbour has put some metal trellis on his side of the fence so something along those lines might be good :)

Ripeberry
02-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Metal trellis as suggested or just chicken wire, anything to stop your dog getting out.

miffy
02-08-2010, 08:31 PM
What a horrible experience for you - the dog warden sounds a right jobsworth!

You'll save yourself a lot of trouble if you can make sure your dog doesn't get out again. I agree Ofsted would expect your garden to be secure and your dog is proving it isn't :panic:

Chicken wire is cheap and will block the gap in your neighbours fence if they won't do anything about it themselves.

Miffy xx

singingcactus
03-08-2010, 04:58 PM
I realise this might not be popular, but as you are the one with the dog then it is your responsibility to ensure your animal cannot get into someone else's garden. It doesn't matter if you feel the hole is on their side of the separating fence (not sure how that works), the animal is yours so the expense should also be yours.

We have just had to lay out £30+ raising the fence between our neighbours and ourselves because their animal keeps leaping the fence into our yard and our house! It is their animal but we have ended up having to pay to ensure their animal is secure in their yard!

Spending our own money to secure somebody else's animal in their yard was the only way to ensure the safety of my children BUT it should have been their financial responsibility not mine. If it leaps this fence now then I too will be contacting dog wardens, councils and whoever else I need to keep the animal out of my yard and away from my children.

That being said, that man absolutely should have behaved to you with respect and manners. He has a procedure which he should have followed. He did none of these things and YOU should be putting in a complaint about HIS behaviour.