PDA

View Full Version : Daily Mail article on Friday

catswhiskers
01-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Know this is a bit late but did anyone else see the article in the Daily Mail on Friday with the heading "20,000 under-5s at risk in nursery or childcare".

It mostly went on about how 850 childcare providers were found to be 'inadequate' and a further 10,990 were merely 'satisfactory'.

It went on one in three childcare facilities - 29 per cent - were failing to adhere to 'good' standards of safety and welfare for youngsters.

There was quite a lot of figures given for this and that but at the end it stated that the number of childminders has fallen by 6,396 (10 per cent), fuelling suspicions they are being deterred by the new red tape implemented under the PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT.

Makes you wonder whether they are going to do away with the EYFS doesn't it?

SammyM
01-08-2010, 07:13 PM
We can dream!!!!

:littleangel: :thumbsup: :littleangel:

PixiePetal
01-08-2010, 07:19 PM
for a start we are all being told satisfactory means we are meeting the standards so there is nothing wrong with that.

In my area there are more CM leaving the profession than starting, my local CIS told me when I updated my details. Of course some people CM as a temp job while their own children are young and then move on so there will always be a number of people giving up, ones I know have been put off by paperwork and gone for jobs as TAs in schools or out of childcare altogether.:rolleyes:

I am sure there will be changes, just don't know what :o

teacake2
01-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Its different in our area, more and more people are registering as CMs but there just isn't the work, they are doing it to get the Job Centres off their backs about going out to work.:( :(
Teacake2