PDA

View Full Version : minding another childminders child

juejue
01-08-2010, 03:11 PM
If 2 childminders work together can One mind the other ones child so they are not loosing a place . Do you understand that.

so can A mind b child, so A has filled a space and B can take someone else one.

If they can.....can B claim childcare cost to pay childminder A.

Been asked by my friend who is thinking of working with her friend and I dont know. Thought some one on here may know

Chatterbox Childcare
01-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Are you talking about temporarily or permanently?

Someone has to be responsible for this child and they would count in their numbers.

So if Childminder A had a contract for mindee Z then Childminder A is reponsible. If Childminder B then did emergency cover/holiday cover then Childminder B would be responsible.

However, if Child Z was under contract to Child A and B looked after Child Z whilst they were both working then Child A could not take another child in my view as she is still responsible unless Childminder B completes all paperwork and has a contract with the parent and takes responsibility

Hope that makes sense and I am read the question right

juejue
01-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Are you talking about temporarily or permanently?

Someone has to be responsible for this child and they would count in their numbers.

So if Childminder A had a contract for mindee Z then Childminder A is reponsible. If Childminder B then did emergency cover/holiday cover then Childminder B would be responsible.

However, if Child Z was under contract to Child A and B looked after Child Z whilst they were both working then Child A could not take another child in my view as she is still responsible unless Childminder B completes all paperwork and has a contract with the parent and takes responsibility

Hope that makes sense and I am read the question right

Hi Debbie. Ya childminder A would take childminders B child full time. have a contact with B and do all the paperwork for her child z. Childminder B would bring z to work with her and she would mind her mindees x 3 and A would mind her mindees x 2and b's childs. So they can both have 3 mindees each. Other wise childminder B can only take 2 on because her child has already taken a place.
Does that make sense :blush: Which We could use name, It would be so much easy. Or I should tell her to sign up with the forum herself.
x

Mookins
01-08-2010, 04:31 PM
i would of thought that even though the friend/work colleague is minding the child it will still be part of the other colleague/parents numbers!! like if they were at nursery!!

xx

curlycathy
01-08-2010, 04:38 PM
My dd is 3 so I'm only registered for 2 in the early years cos Ofsted took her into account when registering. So how would they get round this? I do see what you mean about numbers and technically it looks OK in that both minders would be responsible for 3 under 5s, but not sure how that would work with Ofsted.

Just a thought x

blue bear
01-08-2010, 04:46 PM
I don't know if I am reading this right.

mum who happens to be a childminder wants to place her child in another childminders care and claim tax credits? yes this is possible.

How ever, mum who is a childminder will only be registered for 2 under fives (assuming child is in this age bracket) and so will only be able to take on 2 children even though her daughter is in the care of another minder because of the way Ofsted registers us now.

hope this makes sense, if not just ignore me!!

jumpinjen
01-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Surely you would get Ofsted to amend your certificate though if you won't be having your child under your care all day?

Jenni

Curly Quavers
01-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't really see how ofsted could have an issue with it. Neither childminder would not be over numbers for the children they are looking after and any one time

My OH does not work on a Tuesday and Wednesday so on those days I try and take on an extra child to take my minded children up to 3 becuase OH half is in charge of dd. They are still in the house all day just as far as cc in concerned she is being care for by her dad.

curlycathy
01-08-2010, 05:21 PM
So has Ofsted given you a variation for those days then, curly quavers, or are you registered for 3 under 5s anyway? Just wondering cos I didnt know if that was possible to do and if it is could be something I could consider for days when my dh is at home.

Curly Quavers
01-08-2010, 05:33 PM
So has Ofsted given you a variation for those days then, curly quavers, or are you registered for 3 under 5s anyway? Just wondering cos I didnt know if that was possible to do and if it is could be something I could consider for days when my dh is at home.

I am registered for 3 preschoolers at one time anyway. So I didn't need a variation. But if you are registered for 2 at any one time I can't see how ofsted could stay no to a variation for the days your dh is at home to look after his own child IYSWIM.

curlycathy
01-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Might think about that then, thanks.

juejue
01-08-2010, 06:01 PM
I don't know if I am reading this right.

mum who happens to be a childminder wants to place her child in another childminders care and claim tax credits? yes this is possible.

How ever, mum who is a childminder will only be registered for 2 under fives (assuming child is in this age bracket) and so will only be able to take on 2 children even though her daughter is in the care of another minder because of the way Ofsted registers us now.

hope this makes sense, if not just ignore me!!

Yes you have read it right..........mum B wants to place z with her co- childminder and claim tax credit to pay childminder A
They are both working from childminders A house and they are registered for 6 under 5.....3 each....

so A will have her 2 mindees 3yrs n 4yrs and her co-childminders child who will be her under one.
Childminder B has 2 x 2 year old and a 4 year old. She has been on maternity leave and her mindees, who are twins n a brother have been with their nan and grandad while she has been off. They are finding it hard now and mum has asked childminder B if she would go back to work early. she has been off for 8 weeks.
Its all because childminder A has one space and childminder B has none.

Hope that makes sense.....it's harder writing it than talking about it :)

Zoomie
01-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Yes you have read it right..........mum B wants to place z with her co- childminder and claim tax credit to pay childminder A
They are both working from childminders A house and they are registered for 6 under 5.....3 each....

so A will have her 2 mindees 3yrs n 4yrs and her co-childminders child who will be her under one.
Childminder B has 2 x 2 year old and a 4 year old. She has been on maternity leave and her mindees, who are twins n a brother have been with their nan and grandad while she has been off. They are finding it hard now and mum has asked childminder B if she would go back to work early. she has been off for 8 weeks.
Its all because childminder A has one space and childminder B has none.

Hope that makes sense.....it's harder writing it than talking about it :)

I don't think this would work. You can only mind the number of children as specified on cert. Also if child goes to another childminder (in same house), it will flag up all sorts with tax credits cos childminder's address will be the same as parent's home address :panic: .

juejue
01-08-2010, 08:26 PM
I don't think this would work. You can only mind the number of children as specified on cert. Also if child goes to another childminder (in same house), it will flag up all sorts with tax credits cos childminder's address will be the same as parent's home address :panic: .

She is going to phone the tax credit up and ofsted. Then they will know for sure.
Another childminder told them to just swap one of the children over to the other childminder.

They will only be minding what is on their certificate, They are allowed 6 under 5 and at the moment they have 5. but its the one with the baby childminder B who has 3 and co-childminder A has only 2.

They have different addresses as well, They work from childminder's A house.

Thanks for all you replys

Zoomie
01-08-2010, 08:44 PM
She is going to phone the tax credit up and ofsted. Then they will know for sure.
Another childminder told them to just swap one of the children over to the other childminder.

They will only be minding what is on their certificate, They are allowed 6 under 5 and at the moment they have 5. but its the one with the baby childminder B who has 3 and co-childminder A has only 2.

They have different addresses as well, They work from childminder's A house.

Thanks for all you replys

Sorry but I think this is just abuse of the tax credit system.

They want to have 5 children between them, and get paid for 5 children, complements of tax credits :angry:

juejue
01-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Sorry but I think this is just abuse of the tax credit system.

They want to have 5 children between them, and get paid for 5 children, complements of tax credits :angry:

They dont want 5 children, they already have 5. They work together.

All they wanted to know was can one childminder mind another childminders child if they work together and if so could she claim tax credit.

They will not be abusing the tax credit, but childminder B has no spaces for her baby, as she has 3 on her books and childminder A has only 2. They are both childminders with their own contracted mindees. so to save all the paper work of swapping one mindee to the other. They though about this.

They will sort it out themselves. Going to ask in their network.

We do come on here for help and advice.

tulip0803
01-08-2010, 09:22 PM
I know it is Wales and not England but a local minder asked this question and was told emphatically no. As even if her child was not with her and in the care of another minder she would still be responsible in the same way that we are when our children are at school IYSWIM. She asked as she had 2 under 5s of her own and had been asked about 2 siblings under 5. I know CSSIW and OFSTED work different sometimes so I think it an ask and see thing.

Chatterbox Childcare
01-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Surely you would get Ofsted to amend your certificate though if you won't be having your child under your care all day?

Jenni

No if she has a child under 5, regardless of where the child is then the numbers will be reduced by that 1. what if the child is sick for example?

Between the 2 of you there would be 5 children plus hers.

Zoomie
01-08-2010, 10:01 PM
They dont want 5 children, they already have 5. They work together.

But they only get paid for 4 children without the tax credits fiddle.

I know this is not you, but two other childminders - I've had my say and expressed my opinion.

Zoomie
01-08-2010, 10:04 PM
childminder B has no spaces for her baby, as she has 3 on her books ...

B needs to get a variation for 4 unders 5s or pass one of her mindees over to the other childminder.

suzyblue
02-08-2010, 07:23 AM
I worked with another childminder for years and we shared the children - our registrations did not specify how many children each, it said could have xxx amount when working together. We then split the income between us. One paying the other a small amount towards using the other ones home.

Maybe get you certificate changed to say this and I would forget the tax credits.

Ofsted will always include your own child in your numbers even if they go to a full time nursery as its your child and if they are ill or in an emergency they would be with you.