PDA

View Full Version : think I've made a boob!

moljak
01-08-2010, 02:09 PM
I did Observations and next steps with the baby mindee I had from April - July before they moved away.Her Observation book was lovely as was the dialogue between parnets and me recorded in her Daily Diary.

When she left they took the Daily Diary and the Observation book and a disk containing all the photo's I'd took of mindee.Though I was given permission to carry on using them for displays ect in my setting.

My problem now though is if Ofsted rang me to visit soon ( I am taking on another mindee Sept) I won't have anything to show them :eek:

I din't make copies of Observations.Should I have?????

I thought I had to pass on everything to them apart from contracts, record forms, questionaires ect.

Obviously when I get more mindees the Obs will start again but what should I have done? What do you do?

PixiePetal
01-08-2010, 02:50 PM
I think Ofsted only want to see stuff for current children.

I have permission from one past parent to keep a copy of the written obs on her child to show, if needed, as an example of what I do. Just in case :)

Chatterbox Childcare
01-08-2010, 03:16 PM
I would have done the same as you. New children new records

sarah707
01-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Ofsted will only want to see records of current mindees so don't worry you did the right thing! :D

moljak
01-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Phew thanks :)

Have to say felt like I was giving something of my own away when she left.I wanted to keep all my Observation work lol

birch24
01-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Phew thanks :)

Have to say felt like I was giving something of my own away when she left.I wanted to keep all my Observation work lol

Glad you said this because I did the same on friday, gave away all my hard word to a mindee who left :-(

Hope they liked it. :D

shelly2012
02-08-2010, 11:06 AM
phew that ok I would have done the same too.

SandCastles
13-08-2010, 09:27 PM
I do the same, last time the parent said she really enjoyed reading her lo's books and would I like them back - nearly said 'oh yes please' as a lot of hard work went into them, but remembered that they really should stay with the family. Maybe the mum would keep them for when lo is older.

KarenM
14-08-2010, 09:13 AM
I was advised by my pre reg inspector to keep a scrapbook of my own with photos of trips and activities (without mindees in of course) as evidence of what I do.

loocyloo
15-08-2010, 02:53 PM
as my DD is only just reaching the end of EYFS (about to go into yr 1) i have her scrapbook to show! i also use it to show to potential parents and other childminders!

x