PDA

View Full Version : Panicing a bit, 11yr old starts tmrw!

crazyhazy
01-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Ok, I have my first proper permanent mindee starting tmrw, she's coming mon and tue 9-3 for the next 3 weeks till the schools go back and then it's everyday after school. I have given her and mum forms to complete with likes, dislikes etc but won't get them till she comes tmrw and am having a mild panic about what to do tmrw! Anyone got any ideas? My own two are 3.5y and 22m so apart from an hour while the baby naps I'll have to amuse them both too.

moljak
01-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Just go with the flow tomorrow.Chat about her likes dislikes, what she'd like to do while with you ect.

You might find she just likes helping with the little ones.My friends 11yr old loves when the little ones are here.She enjoys the dominoes, picture lotto ect with them.

Stick a walk in during the day.She might enjoy pushing them on swings at park ect.

My friends DD enjoys reading, hama beads, playdough, garden play ect.

Once you see how she gets on with your two and you get to know what she'd like to do on your visits go from there.

Making bread is another favourite of my frinds DD oh and chatting non stop lol

AnnieM
01-08-2010, 02:34 PM
The 11yo girl I occasionally look after, just likes playing mummy.:D She likes looking after the little ones, she also likes craft things and glitter, lots and lots of glitter....... :panic: She actually used my whole glitter supply (which was quite large) up in 3 days. :rolleyes: She also likes baking and I was teaching her to knit just before she finished for the summer. :thumbsup:

Bayard
02-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Ah good luck with it all! Actually, at this point you must have had your first day with her already! How did it go?
Julie