PDA

View Full Version : Visit to Rhyl - advice/tips please!

jumpinjen
01-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Hi all,

I'm taking my lot to Rhyl on the 9th on an organised coach trip..... we will have four hours there.... does anyone have experience of the beach... are there rock pools etc.... and any wet weather tips just in case?

Thanks guys!

jenni:laughing:

FussyElmo
01-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Its been a while since I have ben to Rhyl but where we were it was justa sandy beach but Im sure there is a rocky bit to it. Memory going.

I think it is supposed to be in the middle of rebuilding/regeneration so its looking a bit run down.

There was a aquarium there which my children loved.

But it is about 7 years since I have been there sorry cant help anymore :thumbsup:

jumpinjen
01-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks anyway.... sand will do us nicely and kids don't care if it's scruffy they are just so excited..... it's just a bit far for a reccie!!

jen x

sarah707
01-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Have a nosey through the tourist information centre website! :D

http://www.rhyl-prestatyn.co.uk/english/index.asp

Mouse
05-08-2010, 12:03 PM
We're driving along Rhyl seafront as I type! The beach looks lovely - very clean and not very busy. The town centre is horrible. Dirty and run down. I would think it's fine for a day, but not much longer!

manjay
05-08-2010, 12:48 PM
We're driving along Rhyl seafront as I type! The beach looks lovely - very clean and not very busy. The town centre is horrible. Dirty and run down. I would think it's fine for a day, but not much longer!

Ditto the above. There was lots of regeneration started but then money ran out:rolleyes: . The beach is fine for the day. I would avoid the Sea Life centre as it takes about 15 minutes to get round. We tend to stop in Prestatyn for our beach walks but do occasionally venture further up to Rhyl.

RedDragon
05-08-2010, 02:18 PM
I used to go out with a lad from round there - well, everytime I met up with him he used to say Prestatyn.

Well I thought it was funny! :laughing:

TammyN
05-08-2010, 02:26 PM
im going tomorrow, my day off so im going to catch up with my auntie who lives there, i will look to see if there's any nice places to go whilst im there :)

WibbleWobble
05-08-2010, 04:56 PM
havent been for about 35 years! last time i went swimming and i was traumatised when i saw a "floater" just bob past me.

Been terrified of swimming in the sea since :laughing:

mandy xx

angeldelight
05-08-2010, 10:49 PM
havent been for about 35 years! last time i went swimming and i was traumatised when i saw a "floater" just bob past me.

Been terrified of swimming in the sea since :laughing:

mandy xx

I have not been for years either and def were no floaters last time we went :laughing:

Angel xx

TammyN
07-08-2010, 08:29 AM
well i braved Rhyl uesterday with my 2 ds(6) and dd(2).
they loved it, we nipped to Towyn and played on the fair abit then we drove back to rhyl. we spent time at the lake and mini railway, kids loved it, rode the train at a very cheap rate :-) then we ventured to the beach and bought cones of chips on the way :clapping: the beach was clean and tidy and we had lots of fun, 1 big problem as we ventured closer to the central beach were the Jellyfish, they were everywhere:eek:
the outdoor pool was cleaner than i remember and the kids loved paddling in it with a splah zone type area too. the sky lift still works too and there is a play area if it rains with bowling, sea life near by(didn't go in these tho!)
im going back on Sunday as the Air Show is on this wekend and it's free :clapping:
Have fun in Rhyl xx