PDA

View Full Version : any advice please on a treatment

lou lou
01-08-2010, 10:43 AM
my daughter has been complaining her mouth is hurting and i have just looked and i think she has a mouth ulcer is there any treatment i can get her i know she is too young for bonjela she is four years old i think she has been eating to many icepops any advice would be great

miffy
01-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Pineapple is supposed to be very good for sore throats or mouth ulcers - see if she can suck cubes/slices of it.

Miffy xx

sarah707
01-08-2010, 10:52 AM
She people might find some relief from swilling her mouth out with camomile tea.

And like you say an ice pop before she eats will help.

When dd had a mouth full of them recently I knew she was run down so I put her on echinacea, good quality multi vitamins including B, C and zinc and that seemed to help build her up.

Licorice is also a popular natural cure - health food shop licorice though not sweeties.

If she is struggling to eat give her some infant paracetamol about 20 mins before meals as that will help.

Very rarely they can be a sign of something else so if it hangs around or more develop, take her to the doc.

Hth :D

LOOPYLISA
01-08-2010, 11:15 AM
She has my sympathy I get them when I'm z bit run down

she could use bonjela, I'm sure babies have it for teething ? I'm not sure ?

Lots of cold ice cream :-)

blue bear
01-08-2010, 05:50 PM
ambesol numbs it, comes in a little bottle from the chemist

Carpet Monkeys
01-08-2010, 06:17 PM
My niece was complaining of a sore mouth last week, thought it was an ulcer but as she was crying alot my sister took her to docs, she had a virus and needed antibiotics! So if no better get her to docs. I would recommend anbesol for ulcers though - great stuff!

singingcactus
01-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Marmite is excellent for keeping them at bay - and if you have a bunch of them it can speed up getting rid of them, it's the vit B it contains.

To help kill the pain, make a mouthwash of a little water mixed with a half teaspoon of bicarb of soda. Get your daughter to take a mouthful then spit it out. If she swallows it by mistake no worries, it will just make her burp :laughing: (drinking it is good for indigestion btw). It stops the pain dead by neutralizing the acid in the ulcer.

Mookins
01-08-2010, 06:31 PM
there is bonjela for babies.....i used it for my dd (nearly 4)mouth ulcers 2 at the fron,t its banana flavour and although my dd screamed the house down it worked after a few applications

xxxx

Hebs
01-08-2010, 06:37 PM
ambesol numbs it, comes in a little bottle from the chemist

stings like :censored: but works :laughing: i wont use anything else x

lou lou
01-08-2010, 07:38 PM
cheers guys i have bought some bonjela for babies screams when i put it on but i think it is doing the trick