PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed please....

sp1
31-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Hi,

Had a text last night from a parent, she was taking her little girl to hospital as she thought she had broken her arm (at home, not with me) I found out this morning that the parents never stayed at the hospital because after an hour they still weren't seen and LO was starting to move her arm(I personally would of stayed to double check)

I'm now a little unsure what to do about Wed now (the day she is due to come to me) I know I will have to do an existing injuries form, I'm just a bit concerned now that if the arm hasn't been checked properly what happens if she falls here and damages it more, does that make sense :confused:

I'd just like to know what other people would do please xx

cas2805
31-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Surely as long as you write on the existing injuries form that she hasn't been checked by dr/hospital, then you will be ok?

Chatterbox Childcare
31-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Surely as long as you write on the existing injuries form that she hasn't been checked by dr/hospital, then you will be ok?

I would say so - put it in your book - I have a small exercise book for each child for small injuries. Get mum to sign.

I would also print the text off for reference

sp1
31-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Thankyou :thumbsup:

miffy
31-07-2010, 07:55 PM
I think you'll know before Wednesday if the child's done any serious injury to her arm.

Record the details as Debbie says, make sure parents sign it and then keep an eye on the child to make sure she's not in any pain, is using the arm OK etc.

Miffy xx

angeldelight
01-08-2010, 07:52 AM
I think you'll know before Wednesday if the child's done any serious injury to her arm.

Record the details as Debbie says, make sure parents sign it and then keep an eye on the child to make sure she's not in any pain, is using the arm OK etc.

Miffy xx

Yes I agree

Hope she is ok

Angel xx