PDA

View Full Version : ICP course

lou246
31-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Hello!!!

I was just wondering if anyone has done the ICP course from home? I'm willing to pay to do it but would I be able to get my money back or some of it back? Are the home courses the same as the ones OFSTED want you to do?

My husband works shifts so it would be hard for me to do the college one! Unless he takes the days off that I would need and I cant expect him to do that!!!!

I was told at the briefing session that the ICP course has now changed and no one knows what will be happening but I should find out in September!

I'd like to just get going with it! I hope this makes sense, it does in my head!!! :blush:

Many thanks xxx

Louise B
19-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Hi, I did mine at home because I'd have the same problem with getting to college and having no childcare. I had a lady come to my house to give me the course details (although I'm just about to start a thread to have a moan! lol) and she told me it'd take about 12 hours of study, then put me down for an exam 10 days later!!!! I was hesitant but glad I did it because it was over quickly. She's told me there's a new qualification starting in September, so I'm hoping to do those units too. She said I can study at home, then submit my essays to her and she'll help me correct any problems until she thinks they're ok, so basically you'll get help until you've done it correctly.

I'm hoping to do the food hygiene in the same way, and any others I might come across.

Good luck, hope you find something. Ask your local council, they gave me the contact details and have also funded it (I think it was £145, so worth asking!)

xxx