PDA

View Full Version : bookbox - anyone use one of these ?

mama2three
30-07-2010, 08:25 PM
www.bigbooklittlebookcardboardbox.co.uk

Looks quite good and cheap too! Could be decorated to suit mindees - anyone use them?

Donkey
30-07-2010, 08:32 PM
looks very nice!!

I have wicker baskets lying around my living room full of magazines and books that are linke to our planning.

we had travel brochures in them last month, books on bugs from library this month

miffy
30-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Not seen those before - not a bad price but wonder how long they would last and whether the children would put the books back in them.

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
30-07-2010, 08:36 PM
look nice but might cut down a box and make something similar myself.

My 18m mindee pulls all the books off my shelf and it's not ideal.

sarah707
30-07-2010, 08:49 PM
I wonder if shoe boxes decorated by the children would have the same effect?

I use baskets and like Flutters at least one a week is linked to our planning.

The problem I have at the moment is the little ones who try to pull books down so I am looking for boxes this weekend :D

angeldelight
30-07-2010, 09:24 PM
They look ok and a good idea if you want to carry a few books into the garden on a sunny day

I enjoyed playing the song too ha ha

http://www.bigbooklittlebookcardboardbox.co.uk/dance.htm

Angel xx

onceinabluemoon
31-07-2010, 06:57 AM
I have one of these http://www.tts-group.co.uk/Product.aspx?cref=TTSPR1364361 and whilst it was very expensive it's built to last and I can imagine still having the same units when I retire... The children do put the books away in it but occasionally need a little (or a lot!) of encouragement.

The cardboard box one you link to looks nice but I don;t think it would last long to be honest. If it got wet, for example by a little one with a drink, it would be ruined. Or if one of the little ones tried to climb into it, it would be squashed.

How about adapt something else instead? Argos sell these http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8754365.htm for example which could be laid on their backs and filled with smaller/narrow books. We have them in beech effect and they're relatively sturdy. You can also buy them with doors or in pink or blue. May be worth a look?

The Juggler
01-08-2010, 08:45 PM
i have a book box, it's one of those treasure box foldaway things from ikea.

mushpea
02-08-2010, 05:55 AM
UMMMM its a CARDBOARD BOX!!!!! the sort you can get for free from the supermarket!!! why on earth would you want to spend 8quid on a cardboard box:eek:

sorry but i think its a complete rip off,, i have a set of draws which has puzzles, peg puzzles then books at the bottom, you could get a plastic box and decorate it with stickers or get a FREE box from the local shops and get the kids to decorate it then when its falling apart you can do the same again.

allykidz
27-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Just browsing through the forums as been a while since I've been here.

I bought a couple of these at the beginning of the holidays as a thing to do on a rainy day!! Needless to say, with all the rain we had over the past few days we have some nicely pictured boxes for our books now ......

Mouse
27-08-2010, 04:47 PM
I've got one of these & love it:

http://www.very.co.uk/worlds-apart-sling-bookcase---girls/716769014.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f5132%2fq%2fbookca se&trail=5132&prdToken=/p/prod4671331-sku7083768

I paid about £18 for it.

Pauline
27-08-2010, 04:47 PM
They are more sturdy than you think - I have done a review on the main website - www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/productreviews.html

and also, there will be a change to win one starting next week! :thumbsup::clapping:

Tinglesnark
27-08-2010, 05:05 PM
i think that they are lovely
:D

christine e
27-08-2010, 05:43 PM
I got one after reading this thread and it is great - not as big as I thought it would be but after saying that I've got about 40 books in it! It is really strong

Cx:thumbsup:

watgem
27-08-2010, 06:34 PM
thank you I have been looking for something like this for ages! I like the fact theat you can put books in it front facing out like they do in libraries so the children can see what the book is, and that the front is lower than the back, can't wait to get one:)

kats
27-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Ive got one of these boxes and im really pleased with it, its so much more sturdy than a standard cardboard box, i think its a cheap alternative to a wooden book box, im going to order another so i can have books for the older children in one and younger books in the other :)