PDA

View Full Version : Confused about the DHC- should I start or should I wait?

cmlr
30-07-2010, 05:56 PM
If I start the DHC in September 2010, do I have to finish it by December 2010 when the new Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's workforce is rolled out?

There is no way I will be able to complete the course in 3 months and I don't want to be halfway through a course and be told "time's up, goodbye!" and have to pay again to go on the new diploma.

I am really confused about the whole business of which qualification I need for childminding. A conversation with my Early Years team has left me even more confused, but I dare not ask again because I do not want to appear as thick!

aly
30-07-2010, 05:58 PM
In the who minds {i had mine today}..it says you have until 2013 to complete it.

If you haven't started it yet I think I would wait until new one comes out?

cmlr
30-07-2010, 06:06 PM
You are right! It's on page 19! How could I have missed it!!!!!!!!!!:blush:

I will have a read of it now. Thank you!:laughing:

cmlr
30-07-2010, 07:01 PM
And you are right again. I will wait until January to begin on the new course.

sarah707
30-07-2010, 07:49 PM
I would wait for the new one!

Plus if you think about it the DHC, while a good course, qualifies you as a childminder.

I'd wait and do something a bit broader so you can move into other areas if you choose in the future :D

aly
30-07-2010, 09:42 PM
I would wait for the new one!

Plus if you think about it the DHC, while a good course, qualifies you as a childminder.

I'd wait and do something a bit broader so you can move into other areas if you choose in the future :D

this was why for me it was a good decision when my D.O told me last year they couldnt fund us for the DHC..so I decided to do the NVQ3 for the reason that if I wanted to give up cm'ing then I can still work with children.

:thumbsup:

good luck when you start

x