PDA

View Full Version : Not a good start.....

venus89
02-04-2008, 08:41 AM
My baby boy (6 months) started today. My kids were late getting up, I realised I'd used up all my daily diaries, Mum came in and blathered about all I had to do then left and I forgot it all straightaway! I couldn't get the travel cot up. I can't remember what to do with a 6 month old!!! I have such a headache :(
Baby is asleep now (good for him) so I'm trying to regain my composure......

crazybones
02-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Deep breath. Cup of tea - you dont know when you might get another. When parent comes tonight ask her to write a daily routine until you get to know baby better and he fits into yours. :D

Minnie Minx
02-04-2008, 08:47 AM
First of all, breathe in and out and take another deep breath and relax.

Have you managed to get the travel cot up?

With a six month old, i would firstly just talk and sing to him until he feels comfortable and safe.

I sorry i haven't got time to copy and paste each activity but here's a link to the birth 2 3 framework with activities by angel http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19&page=2&order=desc

xxx

Mollymop
02-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Poor you! I hope your day gets better. Can you ring mum and ask her what it was again, if it was important? X

angeldelight
02-04-2008, 08:50 AM
It is all new to you so you are going to be stressed and in a panic of sorts

Calm down I am sure your day will get better and so will your days once you get the baby settled and into a nice routine

Good luck

Angel xx

venus89
02-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Cup of tea in hand!!
Luckily I always ask for a routine, so I have the basics, it's just because she was ina hurry she bombarded me with all this information and completely threw me. My other mindees Mum is so calm and relaxed it was a shock to the system! I knew the mindees would be different, but it's incredible how two mums - who work together (jobshare) and are really good friends too can be so completely opposite.
Guess I'll get used to it soon.
Ty for friendly advice x

angeldelight
02-04-2008, 08:51 AM
You will get used to it im sure

Have a nice day and enjoy your cuppa

xxx

Banana
02-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Cup of tea is in order here :)

Then calm down and relax.... everything is fine!

You will remember what mum said when you let yourself breath! As for a daily diary... just do a daily report sheet for today, write it all donw on a piece of
A4 or type it - do not let the little things worry you.

Hope your day gets better.

And enjoy your tea!

x

venus89
02-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Thank you all : You are all stars. :clapping:

I've had my tea, printed out new diaries, and I am going to wake him up and take him to Bounce and Rhyme. I always feel rotten waking them up but babies always seem to be asleep when their little clubs are start. Why is that?!

Hope you all have a wonderful day x

venus89
02-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Lol - he's just woken up himself - good boy......

Banana
02-04-2008, 09:00 AM
You see - it can only get better from here!

Have a good day

xx

berkschick
02-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I drew up a questionnaire that ALL new starters parents have to fill in.

It is 2 A4 sides and askes questions about routine, eating, sleeping, favorite things, dislikes,etc.

It has proved invaluable on many occasions!

I would ask Mum to jot down babies rough routine for you for next time.

venus89
02-04-2008, 12:26 PM
You see - it can only get better from here!

Have a good day

xx

Well, you'd think, but he's teething - tummy upsets, poor thing.
Apart from that it's going quite well! Lol

Alibali
02-04-2008, 12:52 PM
First week is always the worst with you both getting to know each other, but it will get better really soon. Hugs for you :)

Ali x

Tatia
02-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Best of luck getting him settled in. I remember when I took on a 6 month old. She cried non-stop for 2 weeks but then was a perfect angel after that. I used to carry her about in my DDs old baby sling to keep her close but have my hands free to see to the other children. It was tough going but ultimately worth it.

venus89
02-04-2008, 05:59 PM
This is one big 6 month old!! But it went well in the end, I was very pleased with our day.... I'm so new to this and have got myself all worried with both my mindees before the first day and they're actually the sweetest little things going. I've been very lucky - he only cried when his tummy was sore and going to sleep, and she never cries at all. They're perfect for starting childminding.

Thanks to you all for helping me through xx

angeldelight
02-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Glad you had a good day

Angel xx

Tatia
02-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Glad it all turned around!

charleyfarley
02-04-2008, 06:54 PM
So glad your day got better.

Carol xxx

littlewonders
02-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Wow Venus, sounds like a really hectic start :eek: especially as you were probably nervous anyway!

Glad it all worked out well in the end for you, sound like your doing super and enjoying it?! :thumbsup: