PDA

View Full Version : Getting Anxious

VINASOL
30-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Have had two enquirires since registering...i stupidly said no to one as it was only a couple of hours a day and would have not been worthwhile financially; the other woman hasn't contacted me/responded since and I'm getting worried that I'm not going to get any kids in before end of this year.

I've spoken to a major retailer who has allowed me to put a leaflet up in their staff room and I'm about to do a business card drop to everyone locally, but wondered how many others were in the same position.

To say that we are struggling financially is an understatement and I just dont' know what to do....:panic:

LittleAcorns
30-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Best advice I can offer is try not to worry to much! do your best to get yourself known, go to playgroups, borrow friends kids and go to the park, get talking to people, all of my kids have come through word of mouth, people knowing me :thumbsup:

crazyhazy
30-07-2010, 02:53 PM
I was in a similar situation a few months ago prior to getting registered in april, was really starting to think I'd get no one and have to find another job. But my phone started ringing eventually and I had one temp mindee for a few weeks which helped to tide me over, then I have my first permanent one starting on monday, followed by another at the end of aug, one in sept and one lined up for march! I found the best thing was to advertise everywhere I could think of, local shops, soft play, handed out flyers at toddlers, told everyone I knew and gave them cards to pass on, childcare.co.uk, netmums, the childcare link website, health visitors, library etc. It changes so quickly so I hope you phone starts ringing soon, I've gone from noone to having to turn down people cos I don;t have space!

VINASOL
30-07-2010, 03:37 PM
this is going to sound really werid, but I'm quite shy and do find it difficult going to groups and stuff. I guess it's because (apart from these past 9 months) I've always worked full-time.

BUT, I have to do it I know, and it'll help me - just have this HUGE massive fear of not being liked...ridiculous at aged 41!