PDA

View Full Version : MOving after doing the ICP Course.

sanou
30-07-2010, 11:08 AM
HI
I have done my ICP course and 1st aid course,and I didn't start the process to register because I know that I'm going move to different council.

After moving I contact the IFS to book my pre-reg visit and the lady told me that I have to start from the beginning.
I'm really upset about that any help or advice please.

Stillgoingstrong
30-07-2010, 11:44 AM
HI
I have done my ICP course and 1st aid course,and I didn't start the process to register because I know that I'm going move to different council.

After moving I contact the IFS to book my pre-reg visit and the lady told me that I have to start from the beginning.
I'm really upset about that any help or advice please.

No, I think you'll find that if you completed the ICP then you dont have to start again - only if you missed a class???? Why would you need to do it again, its not address specific so thats just dumb. Dont all council use the same training then??? I'm almost a trillion per cent sure that you'll be ok.:thumbsup:

The Juggler
30-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I can't see why you'd need to start again. Sure she is wrong hon

marzi
30-07-2010, 03:42 PM
I did exactly the same, completed first aid and ICP but didn't send off forms as i knew i'd be moving. I just need to do the safeguarding course again as each area is different but not the first aid or ICP.

rharrison43140
30-07-2010, 03:55 PM
A girl on my ICP course has been a fully qualified childminder for over two years but because she had just moved from the Kirklees area to the Calderdale area she was having to do the whole ICP again! This was just because it was a different council area - it seems ridiculous to me when she had already been childminding for ages!!! Sooo, yes, you may have to redo the whole thing :( Sorry! x

tulip0803
30-07-2010, 04:01 PM
I know that when I moved from England to Wales the debated me doing ICP again as well as reapply completely - I had just completed the Certificate in Childminding Practice too:rolleyes: . But they relented as I had up to date child protection, still had to spen 11 months pre-reg though. Weren't worried about anything else.

sanou
30-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks for u all.
I have to wait and see and:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

good weekend

kindredspirits
31-07-2010, 07:17 AM
I did the ICP in devon and first registered in peterborough and they didn't bat an eyelid.

sanou
03-08-2010, 09:08 AM
I did the ICP in devon and first registered in peterborough and they didn't bat an eyelid.

Morning
I've just call the FIS and they told that I have to attend the briefing session because I wasn't registered but not the ICP.

enjoy the sun and thanks