PDA

View Full Version : storing puschairs

desiderata
30-07-2010, 09:13 AM
I have three pushchairs at the mo (used to have 8 got rid of some) but they are all large 1 Bertini London Stroller, 1 Jane Powertwin and 1 Urban Detour Extreme. Well as you can image even folded they take up quite a lot of space. I have been thinking about buying some sort of storage cupboard and putting it outside. Then someone told me they would go mouldy if stored outside even in a cupboard. Does anyone now if this is true, How do you all store yours. Mine at the moment are folded up in a pile in the hall. I do have a big hall but I still need to do something better with them... thanks for looking.xx

Chatterbox Childcare
30-07-2010, 09:36 AM
If it is damp there is a good chance that mould will get into the material in the winter.

I store my double in the garage but that is up and the hood open and the stroller is in my car boot

cabby
30-07-2010, 10:44 AM
ive got 1 in the garage left unfolded, and 1 folded up in the shed personally ive had no probles with either:thumbsup:

Daftbat
30-07-2010, 10:47 AM
My hubby put me a bar up on the garage wall and i hang mine up, folded, by the handles. I have two singles a double and a triple that all hand in a space approx 4 foot long i can't live without it!

I have more trouble with booster seats to be honest. Big car seats can be hung on the wall to but ordinary boosters are a pain - they slide around on eachother too much.

Bushpig
30-07-2010, 11:01 AM
My two expensive ones are folded up in the storage cupboard beneath the stairs... the cheaper one has a raincover on it and is outside.. all the time :blush: It's hardly used though, so I might as well give it away.

miffy
30-07-2010, 12:03 PM
My hubby put me a bar up on the garage wall and i hang mine up, folded, by the handles.

That's a good idea - I'll suggest that to my dh who keeps moaning about the space the pushchairs take up in his garage!

Miffy xx

Starr870
30-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi, I have one of those large plastic tool sheds outside and keep mine in there. They were in there all last winter and never went mouldy. I just keep a bin bag over the top just in case. :)

desiderata
31-07-2010, 09:39 PM
oh thats what I was trying to get what size is yours cos I cant find one big enough at the moment Thanks

Starr870
02-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Not sure of the measurements but its probably big enough to house 3 folded buggies. I got it from Argos and they delivered it for free. :)

Curly Quavers
02-08-2010, 01:13 PM
This is one of my pet hates I just don't have the space to store all buggies and car seats when they are not in use it really does my head in!!!

Hanging them is a good idea.

I think it depends on the shed or storage unit you buy as to if it going smelly and mouldy.

I was also looking at the ones they have in B&Q you can get green plastic ones or nice looking wooden ones but not sure which would be better.

suzyblue
02-08-2010, 01:17 PM
I recently bought a bike shed - its narrow and fits down my side way next to my kitchen door. I have 2 double pushchairs, 2 single pushchairs, 2 highchairs and a few boxes of toys in it and its only about 7ft by 3ft. Ive not had it over the winter yet but so far nothing has gone mouldy.

Starr870
02-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Not sure of the measurements but its probably big enough to house 3 folded buggies. I got it from Argos and they delivered it for free. :)

Carol M
02-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I have 5 of the tall tool sheds from Argos!.
I didn't want a shed in my garden as it's not that big and the path at the side of my house is narrow so these sheds fit side by side along the fence which allows a clear passageway for exit and the doors on the sheds can be opened. I have a couple for outside toys and dh has others for tools, gardening stuff, DIY stuff etc as my garage is full of minding stuff. 2 of the sheds (my 2:laughing: ) are dry but other 3 leak! Dh trying to seal them as his tools getting wet.
Yes, you could get buggies in them nicely just not 100% waterproof.
Carol xx

Monkey26
02-08-2010, 05:02 PM
If you are worried about damp why not get a pushchair bag?? I have my Obaby triple buggy in the maclaren double bag then in one of those green sheds outside my front door! :D xx

Lyns123
02-08-2010, 07:08 PM
My double stays in the boot of the car and my single stays there too, if i need the space i take them out and leave them in the hall but they go straight back in when i'm done, no mould this way but then i do only have 2 buggies :)