PDA

View Full Version : Going to have to be brave! arghhh.......

Adiamond
30-07-2010, 08:45 AM
I will quickly tell you the background of this one.

I look after L 5 days a week 7.45am - 3.30pm.
Mum pays me using tax credits anyway I knew I wouldn't be paid the first week as I know tax credits take a little time to get sorted, the following Tuesday (payment day) came and mum told me that tax credits had only paid her 1 weeks money hmmmmm I thought!!!!! I said to ring them as I do not work in arrears and tax credits always back date... she did this or so she said and she said tax credits said they had paid her on the thursday but she said that she never got it and she offered to pay me a little extra each week. I didn't believe her but offered for her to pay me an extra £20.00 per week to clear the debt (over £100.00 ) which she agreed to do :)

The next Tuesday came and she handed me my money with an extra £12.50 :eek: :eek: not the £20.00 we agreed on grrrrr!!!!! this is what she has been paying me ever since the debt still stands at £90.00!!!

Anyway last weekend I got a frantic text message off mum asking if I had a vacancy for Ls big brother just for the holidays (I was half expecting this anyway) I said yes and CLEARLY stated my fees and again she said she would need to call tax credits which she did and she is getting the money for him.
I wasn't expecting any money for him this week but next week I am on holiday so it will be half fee for both children, I was planning on saying to her tonight that she will still be getting full money so why don't we settle up monies owed.
But she came this morning asking what she will owe me for next week luckily I had already done invoices she said me an J have split up and he has taken £100 of mine so I will only be able to get you £75 for one and £80 for the other :eek: :eek: As of next Tuesday she will owe me £342.00

OMG I need the money she owes me:angry: tax credits will be paying her on Tuesday and I offered to go and pick my money up but she said she will get it for me tonight :rolleyes:

I know it must be horrible splitting up with a partner but it won't stop her getting her wages will it?

Right what to do????

Do I wait and see what she comes up with tonight?????
Do I send her a text?? but saying what???

Arghhhhh I hate sorting this thing out grrrrrr........... x x x

Chatterbox Childcare
30-07-2010, 09:20 AM
I would wait and see what she brings later.

I would also suggest that you do a contract for holidays for the brother so that she gets tax credits all year round and it won't cost her so much when she asks you as some will already be paid

Daftbat
30-07-2010, 10:40 AM
I would be firm and when you see her later state clearly what is owed and when you want it paying - put it in writing too.

Its not your fault at the end of the day and the fact that she didn't even stick to the £20 a week is not a good sign.

If she doesn't stick to any new agreement then a termination notice is needed and make sure she realises this will happen if the money owed is not paid as required.

Bushpig
30-07-2010, 11:07 AM
If she doesn't stick to any new agreement then a termination notice is needed and make sure she realises this will happen if the money owed is not paid as required.

Agreed :thumbsup: She was flaky BEFORE the split... and the split still shouldn't make a difference. Be careful.

miffy
30-07-2010, 11:56 AM
If she's getting tax credits then she should be able to pay you at least that amount of the money, even if she's saying she can't afford the rest.

Don't have the children again until you get paid otherwise she's just running up a bigger debt.

Good luck

Miffy xx

LittleAcorns
30-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Can i just say you dont need the stress of this!!! its hard having to ask/wait for money that we've worked hard to earn!!!
See what happens tonight but do be firm....

It isnt your fault she's split from her partner! and as much as you can be understanding, which you have by letting her pay in installments, I think she will just keep taking advantage!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: good luck xx

Adiamond
30-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Well they have just gone Grandad picked up!!!!!!

I am sooo wound up about this and you are right I have worked for the money it is mine!!!
Her push bike is in my garage and I need it gone by tomorrow so I am going to text her about it and say something about the money, the trouble is I feel quite angry about it and I don't want to come across too shirty with her iyswim.
Anyone any good at wording these things? x x x

The Juggler
30-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Well they have just gone Grandad picked up!!!!!!

I am sooo wound up about this and you are right I have worked for the money it is mine!!!
Her push bike is in my garage and I need it gone by tomorrow so I am going to text her about it and say something about the money, the trouble is I feel quite angry about it and I don't want to come across too shirty with her iyswim.
Anyone any good at wording these things? x x x

Tell her that you have had charges put on your account as there was not enough money for some standing orders/direct debits and you will be implementing late fees from today of £5/day as you need to cover these charges and you need to buy food to feed your family. Tell her you are very sorry about her situation but that she would not go to Tesco and shop and then ask to pay for it later.

I would tell her that you need the money now and no further care until the bill is paid in full. You could hold the bike in ransom:laughing:

patevans
30-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Stop any further care and apply late charges like I did yesterday until its all brought up to date!

LittleAcorns
30-07-2010, 02:04 PM
so there was no mention about th emoney from the grandad?

Was he supposed to pick up/bring fees?

or is she coming later?

Pluck up the courage and ring her! The way that always works for me is ....

Hi, I just need a quick chat, I know there has been some issues over the money owed, and Im really sorry but I dont want things to get out of hand and cause any awkwardness between us, so I must sort this out now.......then tell her what you want or you're within your rights to withdraw care until money is up to date!

Remember its your money and to be honest Im in the process of sorting working tax out for myself and they will back-date upto 90 odd days, not sure if its the same for childcare, but they usually date it to the date you started to offer childcare, so I cant see them just giving the parent the one week!!!!

grrrr keep us posted :thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
30-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I would be firm and when you see her later state clearly what is owed and when you want it paying - put it in writing too.

Its not your fault at the end of the day and the fact that she didn't even stick to the £20 a week is not a good sign.

I'm in total agreement with Daftbat.

Good luck x

mushpea
30-07-2010, 05:50 PM
I wouldnt txt would ring her and ask for the money, tell her you need it for the bills and if its not paid by tommoro morning you will start applying late fees (of your choice) per day.
I personaly wouldnt stop care as you are then in breech of contract and the NCMA legal people cant help you recover any further loses, (I know caus ei have been in this situation and thats why they adviced me)
If no money is paid by tommoro morning then give her a letter on Monday stating if money is not paid by friday in full then you will give notice.

Adiamond
30-07-2010, 05:51 PM
I think I may have sorted it :)
She never came so I text her asking if she could come and pick her bike up as we need the space in the garage and casually put at the end, did you say you were bringing me some money tonight?
She replied I quote " ant bin to the bank, been busy day now in pj's, damn forgot bout bike" this was at 5pm.
I replied saying that needed the bike gone and I would go pick up my money on Tuesday and I said that if she pays me my normal amount for L on Tues instead of half fee we would be square.... she totally did not get what I meant :rolleyes:
I have explained in great detail how tax credits work and exactly how much she owes me (I don't think she even looks at the invoices I give her) and I think the penny finally dropped :)

I sort of let her think that me and tax credits are bestest friends iykwim????

So I have arranged to go round Tuesday to collect my money.... hopefully there won't be a problem :rolleyes: x x x

miffy
31-07-2010, 08:07 PM
So I have arranged to go round Tuesday to collect my money.... hopefully there won't be a problem :rolleyes: x x x

Good luck - I hope you get it.

I think I would be tempted to text her a reminder on Monday as she's so forgetful :rolleyes: :D

Miffy xx

funemnx
31-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Good luck - I hope you get it.

I think I would be tempted to text her a reminder on Monday as she's so forgetful :rolleyes: :D

Miffy xx

AND a reminder on Tuesday morning and again in the afternoon! :D

karen m
01-08-2010, 06:58 PM
i have had C since 13 months old starts infants september,anyway mum had A ask would i have a place for her when she went back to work said yes told her fees ,took retainer ,never got another penny recently i mentioned she should of been claiming child tax since sighning contract for A TOLD ME SHE WOULD LOOK INTO IT,YES SHE GOT 4 months back dated i thought finally get some money for place i have been holding but no she paid for A birthday party,and christening for A and C. CHANGING CONTRACT TOMORROW and she works shifts so wants to no if she has to pay for hours not used due to shift

Adiamond
03-08-2010, 08:40 PM
She paid , she paid , she paid :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I got a text off her at lunch time today saying that she wouldn't be in at the arranged time as she was going out with her mum and would she be able to come and pay me tomorrow grrrrrrr :angry: :angry: NO!!!!!!!!!

I text her back and said I was in now if she wanted to bring it and I said I needed it today, she text back about 1 hour later and said ok, can u come to mine about 5ish? thats what we had arranged anyway!!!!

Got there and she handed me the money but still moaned that tax credits hadn't paid her :eek: x x x