PDA

View Full Version : Another tricky enquiry...

Tinglesnark
30-07-2010, 01:20 AM
This time a lady has a 7 mnth old and a 22mnth old - dnt know the details yet but that would take me over my numbers (own 2 under 5) so do I ask for another variation or just turn her away? It's going to be a difficult one to do that's for sure but I could swing it by walking everywhere and getting a bibi strolli thingy - I'm not desperate but. Would like to actually be working - is it worth it? Do I stand a chance of a variation on this? Or should I jst not even go there?

X

mama2three
30-07-2010, 06:40 AM
If youre sure you can 'cope' with the 4 then theres no reason you shouldnt ask for a variation based on keeping the children together ..especially if there are few places available near to you atm.

sarah707
30-07-2010, 07:07 PM
It's unlikely they would give you a variation if it's not for continuity of care.

Plus I understand they are taking a long time to come through.

Could you start with one of the children and then ask for a variation for the sibling?

It's always worth trying to think of ways round these things :D

Tinglesnark
31-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Ah I see, thanks :) I'll see how that goes! X

Chatterbox Childcare
31-07-2010, 04:05 PM
It's unlikely they would give you a variation if it's not for continuity of care.

Plus I understand they are taking a long time to come through.

Could you start with one of the children and then ask for a variation for the sibling?

It's always worth trying to think of ways round these things :D

I would say the same as Sarah - more chance of the variation