PDA

View Full Version : One of my parents is pregnant?

Ben10mad
29-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Hiya
One of parents is pregnant i care for her two girls 20 hours per week. She asked me if i could still care for the girls whist shes on mat leave i said yes of course as she will keep new born with her, But she wont be working so surly if shes not working she cant claim childcare costs could she?

donnawalsh123
29-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Im pretty sure your still entitled to tax credits whilst on maternity leave, as 1 of my mums is on maternity leave and uses tax credits to pay me.

onceinabluemoon
30-07-2010, 06:16 AM
I'm still caring for LO whilst mum is on maternity leave and now having baby occasionally as well to get her used to when she starts full time in a few weeks.

Mum is still officially employed by her company and is still getting paid by them, therefore still entitled to tax credits.

flowerpots
30-07-2010, 08:26 AM
i still got my tax credits and childcare entitlement when i wa on mat leave and i claimed mat allowance. :D

Ben10mad
30-07-2010, 12:25 PM
thank you xxxx

sillysausage
30-07-2010, 03:50 PM
The last time I had a parent who was having another child I looked after the elder child whilst mum was on maternity and yes tax credits are still paid. Mum was really glad that I could continue with the older child as the new baby had quite a few complications which meant several hospital stays.

When baby was 6 months old I cared for him one day a week and the older child stayed home and had valuable one to one time with mum. This meant that when mum returned to work and I needed to get a variation for one full day a week I was able to use both the sibling and the continuity of care reasons.