PDA

View Full Version : Ummmm - What's the saying....

Blaze
29-07-2010, 03:32 PM
...about walking a mile in someone's shoes....?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/7916963/Children-at-risk-in-failing-nurseries.html

Pipsqueak
29-07-2010, 04:41 PM
It just cracks me up the phrase 'nappy curriculum' - The Telegraph just can't move past this. It eats up all the fodder it is fed about EYFS and childcare.

Ok so the figures state 30% of the 40,081 - minders, creches and nurseries (gosh that a LOT of combined childcare) is only rated at satisfactory - that means 12, 042 settings with 2% (801 settings)of that figure being inadequate

So that leaves 68% (27 255 settings) with a good or outstanding.

Goodness that is shocking

ajs
29-07-2010, 04:46 PM
sorry i haven't read it as i haven't got the time
but since when is satisfactory an "only" i know it's not the same as outstanding but surely it means that they are meeting the requirements that ofsted themselves have set

Andrea08
29-07-2010, 04:48 PM
quick working out there Pip..

if you notice only the best childcare is left ... all the ones that didnt work well with EYFS left and all us got good or outstanding..

it is just another way of asking childcare if we understand what we do and why we do it for the children... and now there thinking of changing it just as ive got it under my belt

just like birth to three it took me ages to understand it as it wasnt set out very well at first and then when i clicked and said arrrrr got it they sacked it!!!:eek:

new goverment more new changes in ncma including the vetting & Barring scheme is halted???

Andrea08
29-07-2010, 04:50 PM
sorry i haven't read it as i haven't got the time
but since when is satisfactory an "only" i know it's not the same as outstanding but surely it means that they are meeting the requirements that ofsted themselves have set

yes and for any1 just starting out on EYFS its more than a pass... and its what they want

you have to break ya back to get a better outcome than satisfactory and turn ya home into a mini nursery.. with posters on every wall etc etc