PDA

View Full Version : Baking Baking

It's a small world
29-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Yesterday with my own 2 boys (6 & 2) and mindee (2) we made Jammy Drops (like a buttery , vanilla biscuit with gooey jam centre ( similar to shortbread)

Today just my two and we made 'Moon Rocks' similar to above (shortbread biscuit) but with a cocunut flavour instead of vanilla flavour and jam centre.

Now what to bake tomorrow mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

sweets
29-07-2010, 03:11 PM
you cant tell us about lovely things you have made without posting the recipies! ;) they sound yummy :laughing:

Chell
29-07-2010, 06:38 PM
What about banana bread? My DD loves mashing the bananas for it.

patevans
29-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Yesterday with my own 2 boys (6 & 2) and mindee (2) we made Jammy Drops (like a buttery , vanilla biscuit with gooey jam centre ( similar to shortbread)

Today just my two and we made 'Moon Rocks' similar to above (shortbread biscuit) but with a cocunut flavour instead of vanilla flavour and jam centre.

Now what to bake tomorrow mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

mmmm the jammy drops sound yummy, do you have a recipe you could share please? :D

It's a small world
29-07-2010, 09:14 PM

375g SELF RISING FLOUR
185g BUTTER/MARGARINE
185g SUGAR
125g COCONUT ( I used decicated) (sp)
1 EGG
A LITTLE MILK TO MIX

1-Cream the butter into the flour
2-Add the sugar and coconut
3-Mix in the beaten egg and milk
4-Place in 'rocky heaps' on greased baking sheet
5-Bake them in an oven at 230oC for about 15mins until golden

JAMMY DROPS

100g SOFTENED UNSALTED BUTTER CUT INTO SMALL PIECES
5 TBSP CASTER SUGAR
1 EGG LIGHTLY BEATEN
1 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT
135g SELF RAISING FLOUR
4 TBSP CORNFLOUR
4 TSP STRAWBERRY JAM (WE USED RASPBERRY)

1-Put the butter and caster sugar into a mixing bowl. whisk or beat with wooden spoon until light and creamy.
2-Mix together the egg and vanilla extract and add a little at a time to the bowl, whisking or beating until mixed in.
3-Next, sift the flour and cornflour into the bowl and gently fold in with a wooden spoon to make a fairly soft dough.
4-Turn oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas mark 4. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper to prevent biscuits sticking.
5-Take a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and form it into a ball. Repeat to make 15 balls and place spaced apart in the baking sheet
6-Chill the biscuits for 15 mins then use your thumb to make an indent in the middle and fill with the jam and bake for 12mins.

Enjoy ...........:so happy: Hope ive typed it correctly:blush:

DH just eaten 3 of the moon cakes:eek: think he's impressed with my baking :laughing:

snufflepuff
29-07-2010, 09:16 PM
I made cheesy biscuits today, you could do those tomorrow!
I put too much cayenne pepper in them....yum!

It's a small world
29-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Having a day off baking tomorrow taking my boys to meet dh for lunch then off to the park in the afternoon.

Busy week next week so will save the baking for then keep the lo's occupied for half hour or so :laughing:

patevans
30-07-2010, 06:51 AM

375g SELF RISING FLOUR
185g BUTTER/MARGARINE
185g SUGAR
1 EGG
A LITTLE MILK TO MIX

JAMMY DROPS

5 TBSP CASTER SUGAR
1 EGG LIGHTLY BEATEN
1 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT
135g SELF RAISING FLOUR
4 TBSP CORNFLOUR

1-Put the butter and caster sugar into a mixing bowl. whisk or beat with wooden spoon until light and creamy.
2-Mix together the egg and vanilla extract and add a little at a time to the bowl, whisking or beating until mixed in.
3-Next, sift the flour and cornflour into the bowl and gently fold in with a wooden spoon to make a fairly soft dough.
4-Turn oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas mark 4. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper to prevent biscuits sticking.
5-Take a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and form it into a ball. Repeat to make 15 balls and place spaced apart in the baking sheet
6-Chill the biscuits for 15 mins then use your thumb to make an indent in the middle and fill with the jam and bake for 12mins.

DH just eaten 3 of the moon cakes:eek: think he's impressed with my baking :laughing:

Thank you :thumbsup:

angeldelight
30-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Yummy they look lovely

Angel xx

miffy
30-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Thank you - they look very moreish! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

patevans
30-07-2010, 12:21 PM

375g SELF RISING FLOUR
185g BUTTER/MARGARINE
185g SUGAR
1 EGG
A LITTLE MILK TO MIX

JAMMY DROPS

5 TBSP CASTER SUGAR
1 EGG LIGHTLY BEATEN
1 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT
135g SELF RAISING FLOUR
4 TBSP CORNFLOUR

Big thanks for the recipes, we made the jammy drops just :D

Bouncy_Princess
30-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Ooooh it all sounds toooo yummy! I may have to indulge in some cooking very shortly! ;)

It's a small world
30-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Big thanks for the recipes, we made the jammy drops just :D

They look almost as yummy as mine :laughing: Only joking glad my recipe was right they look fab and they taste even better mmmmmmm

Zoomie
30-07-2010, 03:31 PM
I made cheesy biscuits today, you could do those tomorrow!
I put too much cayenne pepper in them....yum!

and the recipe .........

(mindees mum frowns too much when we do sweet stuff :angry: )