PDA

View Full Version : Admin fees

patevans
29-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Just reading through a thread about re-issuing paperwork/receipts/invoices etc

Do you all charge an admin fee for this kind of thing? is it written into your policies?

Might add it in whilst im updating all my policies :idea:

aly
29-07-2010, 10:01 AM
no i dont.

think the post you mean is because an ex- parent has asked the cm to reissue receipts after she has left.

cuffleygirl
29-07-2010, 10:17 AM
I've never had to formally do this - can't see why I would really, everything is listed on my invoice, I keep the receipts but list what payment is for, I use the duplicate books so I can refer to that if the parent needs to be reminded how much they need to pay, that is a 30 second job and no big deal.

The parent will already have a pretty accruate idea of the size of the bill that's coming, because they have signed contracts to agree to that.

patevans
30-07-2010, 01:59 PM
It was from the post about a parent leaving and asking for reciepts, in the past I had a mindee leave and had to sit and print out 2 years of receipts and invoices with dates etc but just did it, didnt think of charging an admin fee :idea:

Just wondered if this is something that should be written down should this happen again in the future i.e. having to re issue receipts due to parent misplacing etc!

Mookins
30-07-2010, 05:02 PM
It was from the post about a parent leaving and asking for reciepts, in the past I had a mindee leave and had to sit and print out 2 years of receipts and invoices with dates etc but just did it, didnt think of charging an admin fee :idea:

Just wondered if this is something that should be written down should this happen again in the future i.e. having to re issue receipts due to parent misplacing etc!

you could always say extra copies of receipts/etc etc are available at such and such a cost...

certainly a good idea...especially if theres 2 sets of parents!

xxx

Blaze
30-07-2010, 05:45 PM
I charge a £20 pound admin fee for children starting (one off fee - stops time-wasters)!

I also state that copies of paperwork will be subject to an admin fee - but don't specify how much, as it depends on what they want copies for....however this last bit has only been added recently & isn't strictly neccessary.

In the case you are talking about having it written into policies isn't needed as receipts had already been issued once, so well within rights to charge an admin fee for duplicate paperwork!:thumbsup:

HTH:)

Winnie
30-07-2010, 06:51 PM
I charge a non-refundable admin fee of £10 when i take on a child, its really there to protect my work, i figure if anyone wants to steal my policies etc then at least i get something for all my hard slog ;) plus its nice to have something in my pocket if the parent changed their minds after signing the contract- not that it has happened but there is always a first time. Ink is expensive.

patevans
03-08-2010, 08:08 AM
I charge a £20 pound admin fee for children starting (one off fee - stops time-wasters)!

I also state that copies of paperwork will be subject to an admin fee - but don't specify how much, as it depends on what they want copies for....however this last bit has only been added recently & isn't strictly neccessary.

In the case you are talking about having it written into policies isn't needed as receipts had already been issued once, so well within rights to charge an admin fee for duplicate paperwork!:thumbsup:

HTH:)

Which policy should this be added to?

Blaze
03-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Which policy should this be added to?

Whichever one you feel is most appropriate! I have it in my fees policy, but you can put it wherever you want!:thumbsup:

wendywu
03-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Whats more with the original thread the parent had left on bad terms.:mad:

Chatterbox Childcare
03-08-2010, 02:44 PM
No admin fee here - just all built into my fees

wendywu
03-08-2010, 03:19 PM
I dont charge an admin fee, but if a parent left on bad terms and had lost their invoices then sorry but tough i would not be doing copies for them.:mad:

I have enough paperwork to do as it is :eek: