PDA

View Full Version : Uncooked lunchtime meals

patevans
29-07-2010, 08:01 AM
For any childminders that dont provide a cooked meal at lunchtime do you have a policy you wouldnt mind sharing please?

I changed over from cooked meals at lunch time to sandwiches, wraps, jacket spuds etc but didnt update my policy :blush:

karensmart4
29-07-2010, 08:20 AM
I just wrote out that as I don't provide meals, I will store all of childrens supplied foods in clearly labled bags, in my refridgerater which is checked daily and temp taken in accordance with my health/ hygiene policy. Any foods that need heating will be done so as per instructions supplied by parent/carer. If we go on an outing/picnic I will store foods in a coolbox.

I did put in one of my newsletters that parents should put an icepack in their child's lunchbox but they dont all do it!

Hope this helps
Karen :)

sarah707
29-07-2010, 08:25 AM
My menu shows that at lunch time we have cold food and at tea time we have a hot cooked meal with dessert :D

venus89
29-07-2010, 08:39 AM
I don't have a policy :panic:

But then although I usually provide a cold lunch (to one child, one day a week) then occasionally we do soup, hot pasta, home made pizza, toasted sandwich instead if it's cold......

Pedagog
29-07-2010, 08:42 AM
My policy basically states that I will provide healthy balanced food, approppriate to the weather and season. So often a cold lunch, especially this time of year.

patevans
29-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Just a bit unsure of how to word it as it currently states at lunchtime I provide a cooked meal which I no longer do...what do you call sandwiches wraps etc is it a cold food menu :blush:

sandy64
29-07-2010, 09:27 AM
you could say you provide a variety of healthy lunch time meal snacks ie sandwiches,wraps,soup etc then if you do beans soup pizza etc your covered, :)

rickysmiths
29-07-2010, 10:44 AM
My policy basically states that I will provide healthy balanced food, approppriate to the weather and season. So often a cold lunch, especially this time of year.

I do the above and then put the weeks menu on the notice board in the hall.

I have just finished and submitted my Tax Return for 2009-10.

Some frightening statistics.

I cooked and served 1553 lunches and dinners to mindees
I served up 1673 snacks :eek:

In my busiest month I did 182 hot lunches and dinners and 193 snacks

Anyone do more than this?

The Juggler
29-07-2010, 11:18 AM
i don't have a policy other than general healthy eating.

We have sandwiches, wraps, bagels muffins, occasionally pasta with veg, sometimes cheese or beans on toast or soup.:)

patevans
29-07-2010, 01:39 PM
you could say you provide a variety of healthy lunch time meal snacks ie sandwiches,wraps,soup etc then if you do beans soup pizza etc your covered, :)

Alibali
29-07-2010, 06:58 PM

Crikey! I've never counted, but I do feel that I spend a lot of time feeding them!

The Juggler
29-07-2010, 08:33 PM

OMG - how long did your tax return take you!:eek: :eek: