PDA

View Full Version : NVQ advice?

samkeddy
28-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi,
I had my inspection today and Mrs O advised that we all need to have completed or be completing at least an NVQ level 2 in childcare and eucation by 2012.

My LA told me that she would say this and that it isnt true.

But i want to complete an NVQ3 anyway although the only ones running local to me are 'childcare, learning and development' as opposed to 'childcare and education' that Mrs O mentioned.

Does anyone know if there is much difference and if its worth while doing 'childcare, learning and development' it really takes my fancy but dont want to waste my time if its one of those qualifications no-one ever cares about!

I'd appreciate any advice
Thanks x

aly
28-07-2010, 03:04 PM
quite a lot of us here are doign the CCLD and i dont think there is much difference but someone with more knowledge will know.

x

samkeddy
28-07-2010, 03:34 PM
thanks, are u findin it ok?

tulip0803
28-07-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm doing CCLD too. and enjoying it:D

aly
28-07-2010, 03:42 PM
thanks, are u findin it ok?
Im doing ok now....1 of the units I thought was really bad but i've just handed it in and had it marked and returend with onlya few bits to add so not bad at all.

I would go ahead with it if its something you want to do anyway

x

funfunfun
28-07-2010, 04:35 PM
I finished it in december ............they do a 9 month cousre if you working with doncaster college thats who i did it with

congrats by the way :)

sarah707
28-07-2010, 05:14 PM
There is a new qualification coming out in September for a level 3 early years, childcare and education (or whatever the new title is).

I'd wait and see about that if I were you.

It is true that to be registered on the Childcare register there is a requirement for a level 2 qualification... that might be what she was talking about.

Hth :D

samkeddy
28-07-2010, 05:20 PM
decisions decisions! Not sure what to do now wait for this new 1 in sept or register on this for sept!!