PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any recent BuggyPod Smorph 2 experience?

leeloo1
28-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Hi all, I've bought 1 of these and it seems sturdy, but somehow it just doesn't seem 'right' (v possibly all in my head?).

There are sooo many negative reviews, but they all seem to be from 2007ish and I understand lots of safety changes have been made since then, so I wondered if anyone used 1 and could reassure me that they are safe?

Any advice appreciated. :)

green puppy
28-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi, I brought one in 2009 and used it with no problems. Just make sure that it is compatible with the pushchair that you are using and it is fixed tightly and properly. I initially thought the same as you and admittedly always held it when going up and down curbs. I also only used it for smaller, lighter children, wouldn't personally use it past the age of 2 depending on size of child.

leeloo1
28-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the reply! Its really helpful to know you used it without incident! :)

I've been so concerned about it that I've even been looking into importing the ABC single -> triple pushchair (the only other one that'd fit through my - smaller than normal - front door), but can't get my head round spending £1000+ on a pushchair!

green puppy
28-07-2010, 01:46 PM
I have a jusonne tandem with the pod on the side for a triple, very compact and easy to fold pod and make as a double. Got the 2 year olds walking as soon as possible and know just use a single and a buggy board for the 2 that are slightly younger. Not sure if you can attach a pod and a buggy board to a single depending on what ages you have?

leeloo1
28-07-2010, 07:03 PM
mmm, because I have a Phil and Teds double I can't use a buggy board with it. I do get the (21 month olds) to walk when I can, but we live in London and the streets are busy/need to get buses etc, where its just not safe to have them roaming free.

I guess I'll stick with the buggy pod then and keep my fingers crossed that it holds up!