PDA

View Full Version : when would you start advertising?

Donkey
01-04-2008, 09:59 PM
From what they said tonight then as soon as you have your home inspection that is when ofsted will give you your yes or no answer, you then have to wait for the certificate.
at what point will you start advertising? I aim to start doing the word of mouth thing asap at my local breastfeeding cafe and I also need to get myself out of this house more. will start taking LO to library she is 23 weeks lol and also to parent toddler groups.

when would you start doing your risk assessments?
would you wait till you have started your icp course (so that you know you are doing them properly)
I have so many good intentions, like weekly library visits, we also have 2 farms within easy bus distance (1 easier than another)
am I right in saying that all these outings would need risk assessments?

sorry ladies, so many questions!!!

DCS
01-04-2008, 11:44 PM
hiya,

I recently had my reg inspection. So I have started to advertise. All I'm wating for is my cert, insurance, ncma pack to arrive. However one CANNOT start minding UNTILL you have insurance document in-hand.

Good luck with everything,

Cecile
x

miffy
02-04-2008, 06:09 AM
No harm in starting to put out feelers once you've had your visit

Good luck

miffy xx

angeldelight
02-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Yes I agree with everyone start now

Good luck

Angel xx

Donkey
02-04-2008, 07:38 AM
not had my visit yet, i know i cannot start until i have that piece of paper, thanks for the advice ladies

berkschick
02-04-2008, 08:17 AM
I would start advertising after OFSTED have been, while you are waiting for your CRB check to come through.

I did it this way and had 2 mindees lined up for when my certificate came through :thumbsup:

Mollymop
02-04-2008, 08:31 AM
I would say start advertising.
I started after my inspection and I have had 2 enquiries. One hopefully will be ready to start as soon as I get my cert through.
I know someone who went on the same courses as me and she told me that even though she is not registered yet she has filled her spaces ready for when she is.
Think of all the mum's out there that are on maternity leave and are lookin for childcare early, you may get some of them on your waiting list.

GOod luck

chels55
02-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I dont think its ever too early to start advertising, someone i spoke to took 9 months to get their first mindee, if anyone enquires let then know your in the process of registering and keep in touch with them.
I wish i listened to my own advice - im just waiting for calls