PDA

View Full Version : is it ok to??

mushpea
28-07-2010, 06:04 AM
take the children to the vets??
took the dog for a walk in the woods with them yesterday which they all loved, then spent half the night up with the dog because he has somthing wrong with his ears, he keeps rubbing them along the floor and shaking his head and they are all swollen poor boy,, think its either an allergy or grass seeds but i cant leave him suffering like that all day so my only option is to take them all with me (3minded and 2of my own), thought i could bribe them all with a trip to the park after.

Stillgoingstrong
28-07-2010, 06:12 AM
take the children to the vets??
took the dog for a walk in the woods with them yesterday which they all loved, then spent half the night up with the dog because he has somthing wrong with his ears, he keeps rubbing them along the floor and shaking his head and they are all swollen poor boy,, think its either an allergy or grass seeds but i cant leave him suffering like that all day so my only option is to take them all with me (3minded and 2of my own), thought i could bribe them all with a trip to the park after.

I would take them - I'd just mention it to parents when they dropped off, but as I care in a home setting and my parents know I have a dog then if I needed to I wouldn't even think twice about us all tribing to the vets tbh :thumbsup: Don't know how the vet would feel aboout it - fingers crossed they all behave ay:eek: Hope you dog gets better soon :)

cs01
28-07-2010, 06:12 AM
I would say yes - I'm sure the parents would not want your dog to suffer anyway. Hope he's ok.

miss mopple
28-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Mine come to the vets with my animals. They love it and its a good learning experience :thumbsup:

Hope your dog is ok

xx

Shar
28-07-2010, 06:47 AM
I have also taken mindees to the vet when an emergency came up. Hope your dog is better soon.:thumbsup:

angeldelight
28-07-2010, 07:01 AM
I would yes

Hope your dog is ok

I would ask parents if it is ok , then do a RA and maybe use the visit to talk about it and do obs

Angel xx

jumpinjen
28-07-2010, 07:03 AM
I'd see if a vet nurse could give you a guided tour and show the children some things too.... take some stuffed animals or something that can be 'checked out'.... after your dog has been treated and put back in the car of course!!

jen x

PixiePetal
28-07-2010, 07:12 AM
yes. I would take them :)

our pup has had ear mites and been very scratchy and flapping her head for a few days, DH took her but I would have if needed:thumbsup:

wendywu
28-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Of course it is all right, you cannot put your own life on hold because you childmind.

I have taken mine to the vets many times, and the dentist , doctors and even to pick up my dads ashes. They are part of my family and get to do all sorts with me :thumbsup:

The Juggler
28-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Also what a lovely learning experience, it's not like the docs where they are likely to pick up all sorts of bugs - to see what happens at the vets is a lovely way to understand how pets are looked after.

Hope your dog is better soon hon though.

cabby
28-07-2010, 07:32 AM
:thumbsup: i have in the past, they loved it :thumbsup:

jaz
28-07-2010, 07:35 AM
I have done in the past and the children loved it. They took their own pet (cuddly toy), and the vet also checked them over and let the children help to see if their toy was healthy. Really good learning experience for all. Led onto lots of different activities for the rest of the week, animal related and how to look after pets and keep them healthy.

Pedagog
28-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Mine love coming to the vets with me, not sure how the poor vet feels about all the questions.

Hebs
28-07-2010, 07:44 AM
yes definatly :thumbsup:

i have a trip to the vets booked for us, kids will get to have a look around the vets and ask questions too :D

mushpea
28-07-2010, 05:18 PM
well, i did take them and they were very well behaved, I left my 2 in the waiting room and took the other 3 in and they sat very quietly whilst the vet spoke to me and delt with the dog,, and the vet was kind enough to give them all a sticker,
charly (the labrador) had a sever allergic reaction to somthing but he didnt know what, he also had a very swollen eye aswell which was all part of it, the vet gave him 2 injections and gave me some stuff to rub on his ears and we have to go back friday but have made the appt for the evening when they gone home,, he may have to have his ears drained cause he shook them so much he burst some blood vesales,, poor boy, he feeling very sorry for himself but the kids have been great and just left him alone.

Stillgoingstrong
28-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Glad that he's ok:D Don't envy you the bill though - hope you're insured:eek:

mushpea
28-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Glad that he's ok:D Don't envy you the bill though - hope you're insured:eek:

yes he insured but we pay the first 75 , so far its 50quid so i am sure we will soon be making a claim, he also gets doggy hayfever every year , only for a couple of months but he scratches loads and we have to give him antihistamine tablets for that too!! hes worse than a child really:laughing: