PDA

View Full Version : KIDSAC for Children with type 1 diabetes

POMMY
27-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Hello my fellow freebiers :)

I came across this website last week and as my friends little girl has just been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes I thought I would send off for the KIDSAC.

It arrived today and it is really brilliant, the pack was a large drawstring bag, with a info file, teddy bear and child friendly book. I took it straight round to my friends house and we all sat around and read the story and gave the teddy to my friends little girl and it really helped open up discussions with her about diabetes.

Please do only send off for this pack if it for someone as it is funded by the NHS ( I think) and I wouldnt want it to be taken advantage of and then stopped as its so fantastic.

http://www.jdrf.org.uk/page.asp?section=00010001000400030001&itemTitle=KIDSAC

POMMY :) xxxx

sandy64
28-07-2010, 01:17 PM
thanks il keep web address to hand to any parents/friends if there child has diabetes always good to have info:)

debbie
05-08-2010, 07:54 AM
received mine today as i have borderline diabetes and i'm also due to have a child start in nov with diabetes. thought it would be good for the other children to learn about.

misst104
05-08-2010, 09:03 AM
My DS2 was diagnosed just before xmas with type 1 diabetes ( aged 2 :( ) and we got this given to us in the hospital. Its really good and the teddy has helped DS1 (aged 5) get involved as you can use it to give pretend injections and blood tests to! I would also urge people to only order it if it's for someone who is affected as if its abused they may stop giving things out to people who are in real need of it!

x jo