PDA

View Full Version : confused

Nicola Gannon
27-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi,
I am a childminder and a parent has asked me if i provide free childcare places for 3-4 year olds. I believe that you have to be in a network to do this and i am hoping to join a network very soon. However, i don't know how to apply for government funding to be able to deliver this service. Can anyone help please?

beccas
27-07-2010, 05:49 PM
you have to be accredited your local extended services person should be able to help otherwise ask your la.

blue bear
28-07-2010, 05:10 PM
the network co-ordinator deals with it all here.

mushpea
28-07-2010, 05:35 PM
you need to have an nvq 3 in childcare to be accredited then you can join the network and accept the funding which is done through your network development officer.

gigglinggoblin
28-07-2010, 05:45 PM
I have just about finished the process, I had to have a level 3 qualification, be a member of a network, fill in a load of paperwork saying how I would deliver the nursery education / EYFS for 3 - 4yos and I need to have a meeting with an early years teacher. I am told some places require you to have been registered a year but thats not the case here.

karensmart4
28-07-2010, 06:02 PM
I have just about finished the process, I had to have a level 3 qualification, be a member of a network, fill in a load of paperwork saying how I would deliver the nursery education / EYFS for 3 - 4yos and I need to have a meeting with an early years teacher. I am told some places require you to have been registered a year but thats not the case here.

I'm also in the process, I am just waiting for my cm support officer to sign my paperwork to varify that i'm a suitable person to deliver the educational side and be able to cope with the extra paperwork involved.

I have L3 EY Childcare and Education plus all the other rev. certs. !st aid etc. I am an advanced cm, a member of our local network. I had to collect together my prospectus, certain policies, my L3 cert. one of each type of risk assessment that I use (completed). and my Ofsted reg. cert. and fill out a form.

I now need to send all this off to County Hall, they make an appointment to come out and observe me working and go through my LJ's etc. :eek:

Then they let me know if I am successfull or not - phew

We are running a pilot scheme in our area where we can use NEF for 2/3 and 4 yr olds :thumbsup: So hope I do get through :D