PDA

View Full Version : Your own Nursery

Helen Dempster
27-07-2010, 04:55 PM
I seem to have been on here asking questions all day today :blush:

I was just wondering, have any of you gone one step further from Childminding to owning your own nursery? I would LOVE my own nursery one day (ambition is there, just the funding that isn't!) Boo!

anyway, I'm just being nosey really, to see if any of you have done this, or you know anyone who has and how you/they went about it?

miffy
27-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Nope, not me. Happy as I am atm.

Miffy xx

Ripeberry
27-07-2010, 05:35 PM
I think it's the same as any business, you'd need to do some research first to see if there is a need for one in your area.

Then you'd need to find a suitable place to run the nursery from, then make a business plan to get money from the bank.
Lots and lots of work, or you could just buy out another nursery if they were selling?

Hopefully Google will come to the rescue and there might be info on there about it :thumbsup:

Monkey26
27-07-2010, 05:41 PM
I had been childminding 18 months when another childminder and i opened our own afterschool club. It worked really well as we still had our individual businesses in the mornings/holidays etc and then we jointly ran the afterschool club with a small team :D as you have probably noticed all of the above is in the past tense as, after 2years, we closed last week :mad: a new headteacher came into the school we were based at and kicked us out :angry: we both agreed not to set up another though as both have very busy personal lives at the moment but maybe in the future i will go into full time nursery :eek: Good luck if you decide to go ahead with your idea xx